Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Buy one, get two free


Well, I started off my morning with a Chick-fil-a breakfast, which is a special treat for me. Normally I only have a Soy Protein shake, but this morning I splurged since I had my own car (normally we carpool) and my coupon expires tomorrow. The coupon was for 3 free chicken minis with the purchase of a large drink. So I paid $1.40 for my sweet tea and waited anxiously for my free breakfast. Then she surprised me by saying that they included a free sample of their new cinnamon rolls. The lady at the drive-thru couldn't remember their proper name, and but it was basically 8 mini cinnamon rolls formed into one large one. What a deal, huh?

As I was flipping channels this morning, the radio announcer also said that Starbucks, or Tenbucks as it was called the other day, is giving out free scoops of their Java Chip ice cream today. I'm such a sucker for free food. ESPECIALLY free ice cream. I'm so there.

Two half-days in a row...

The Amstaff Dad is having permanent tubes put in his ears this afternoon. My poor sweetie has suffered a lifetime of earaches and ruptured eardrums. He had tubes put in a couple of years ago,and they lasted longer than normal, but now they are working themselves out. These "permanent" tubes will last 12-15 years. Kinda like those "permanent" perms that you got back in Jr. High that you were hoping would last alot longer than they did, if only for the smell. I can still remember the horrific smell of a perm. A stench that seemed to never go away. Anyways, I go to accompany him to the hospital this afternoon, so it will be another short day for me.


Is anybody going to go see fireworks this weekend? I need to look up places close to us to go see them. I thought about going out to Celebrate Freedom, but it's supposed to be 100 degrees on Saturday,and oh the crowds. I went there a few years ago because I signed up to be a World Vision volunteer and recruit new sponsors. It turned out to be a great deal, because I got to sit in the seated section and see Avalon, and Jars of Clay up close, and most of the Third Day show before Third Day began talking about sponsorship. Once we got our cue from them, we walked around signing people up for child sponsorship. It was a great evening, it just took too long to get out of the parking lot. Jars of Clay and Third Day made it worth while, but they're not there this year. Oh well.

I can't believe it's almost July. Getting awfully close to my 29th birthday, which is awfully close to reaching the Big 3-0. Yipes!!!! Where has the time gone!?!?

posted by Amstaff Mom | 5:53 AM




2 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

I just turned 30. No big deal. Except for the constant teasing and the feeling that I'm getting older. No big deal, right?

Happy birthday, early.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I ADORE chicken minis. We don't have Chick-fil-a around here but when we travel I'm so there.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home