Monday, June 20, 2005

Home, Home on the Range


I am back from my recent hiatus! The hubby, Amstaff and I are now settled into our new digs. I have missed reading your blogs, but did my best to catch up first thing this morning. It has been an eventful week in the life of the Amstaff Mom. So where do I begin?

Thursday- I spent the day with the hubby, his siblings, and their offspring at the local water park. We lazed in the lazy river, slid down the slides, and basked in the sun. I took my 3 nieces down the one and only slide they were tall enough to ride. They were brave souls and were so cute in their little swimsuits. After suffering through the torture of being seen by family members in a swimsuit all day, I went to the indoor pool to get some laps in. We rendevoued at the snow cone stand where we enjoyed the syrupy delights.

Friday- WE CLOSED ON OUR HOUSE!!! After a two-and-a-half week delay, we finally got to close on our house. We signed our lives away, promising to pay approx. 2 1/2 times more than we borrowed with all the interest incurred. Now we are the owners of (sadly) our third home in 6 years, but we are very happy campers. We rewarded ourselves with a lunch at Snuffer's, gobbling down glorious cheese fries smothered in bacon and ranch dressing, with jalepenos for extra kick. Pardon me as I wipe the saliva from my mouth just thinking about it.
Friday afternoon we received our keys to the house and began unpacking our belongings and then began to paint the living room before the furniture would make the task any more difficult. We have a behemoth of an entertainment center, easily weighing 2 tons, so it behooved us to paint before it took its permanent place on our wall.

Saturday- (True)friends and family came to help us unpack and continue the moving process.

Sunday-Thursday- See above.

Thursday night the hubby and I had a date night after working our hineys off unpacking and getting the house livable. We went to dinner and then went to go see Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Highly entertaining, vastly unbelievable, but quite enjoyable. I'd give it two thumbs up. Hey, it's got Angelina and Brad so how bad can it be??

Friday- We made it a true vacation day and went indoor rock climbing. Whew, that is a true workout. Can we say NO UPPER BODY STRENGTH? How can something be so much work and yet so fun at the same time? I do not believe in the theory of evolution, but I swear my hubby is descended from monkeys because he scaled the walls so fast you'd think there was a golden banana waiting for him at the top. I proudly belayed the ropes for him as he scaled the backward steps. Did I mention that I was proud of him?
Friday night we went to dinner and then saw Batman Begins. I enjoyed this movie as well. I did not enjoy seeing all the kids in this movie. Little kiddos. One parent had a booster seat for his toddler. Look people, if your child needs a booster seat for a PG-13 movie, do you think he might be a wee bit young??? Of course they screamed and cried through alot of it. This movie is not a cartoon! I will get off my soapbox now.

Saturday- My nephew had his 5th birthday party, complete with Star Wars Slip 'n Slide. Remember the days of slip in slides, where you would hit a dry spot, leaving a patch of skin on the yellow vinyl? Or your stomach would hit the root that your parents missed when they layed it down on the "grass"? Or finally, the feel of grass stuck to your damp skin as you slid off the side of it. Blech. They have evolved much in the 20 (gasp!!!) years since I've used one. The kids had a blast. More cute little girls in swimsuits.

Sunday- Father's day. We ate lunch with my parents and they came to see the progress of the house since last Saturday. They bestowed many complements, which was very rewarding after our hard work.

Well folks, that is my "vacation" review. I'll catch up with you later.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 8:10 AM




2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Welcome Back! Glad it was you that was moving and NOT ME. I hate moving.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"you'd think there was a golden banana waiting for him at the top."

Oh, that is too funny!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home