Friday, June 03, 2005

It is FRIDAY!!!


YEAH! It is Friday. Yes, I do wish my life away, living for the weekends- but they really are so much better than Mondays. Would the word Monday instill thoughts of dread and trepidation if it was called Saturday? Hmmm. Deep thoughts.

Today I have a topic, courtesy of the OD. These were the questions that were posed to me, and I plan to answer 5 today and save 5 for Monday.

1. Why pit bulls and not some other breed? Because if I really had my drethers, I would own two Harlequin Great Danes. Since this is not feasible, (the cost, for one thing), then I will go for the loyal protector. Technically she's not a pit, but that's another discussion for another day.

2. If you could live somewhere besides Texas (worldwide), where would it be and why? I would live in the U.K. in a heartbeat. Where exactly, I'm not sure, but I love Caenarfon, and it is only a few short hours to London, which I also love. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel at home there. I love the language, the food, the convenience of being in another country within hours, the scenery is breathtaking. I've spent 7 weeks of my life over there and would gladly spend the next 50 years there.

3. What's the most exotic food you've ever eaten? Hmmm, this is a hard one. I've refused to eat haggis, amongst other things. I've had cow tongue before, I guess that's exotic? OR maybe the question could be answered "Guatemalan food"? It is the "exotic" food that I have eaten the most of. Every Sunday my grandmother fixed it for the first 20 years of my life.

4. Should women be allowed to serve in combat positions in the military? Youch. This is a toughy. I believe that men and women were created by God with different gifts and abilities. That being said, there are numerous stories in the Bible with women in wartime environments- Rahab hiding the spies, another woman driving a tent peg through a man's head. I think there are many talented and gifted women serving in our armed forces right now. If I had to say though, I don't think we are necessarily gifted for combat positions. Now, moving right along...

5. List the last 3 cds you bought or listened to. 1. Jars of Clay- Redemption Songs 2. Jeremy Camp- Restored, and 3. A rock CD I made (to clarify-burned from a CD) that contains various artists such as ColdPlay, Dave Matthews Band, Damn Yankees, Chris Isaak, and other random songs.

Talk to yous guys later!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 12:13 PM




7 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

So by "made with various artists" do you mean that you produced, recorded, played, or what? Just curious.

I've been out of the music biz for soooo long. But I had a blast playing keyboards in a band when I was in high school. I need to dig it back out of it's case and crank up some tunes again. Makes me wonder how many songs I can still remember from memory. As they say, "I may have Alzhiemers, but at least I don't have Alzhiemers."

4:40 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Very flattering of you to think that I was part of the creation of the CD, but no, I only saved favorite songs of mine that were on my computer onto a blank CD! Nice thought though!

I have the hardest time playing music from memory. It just doesn't happen. I was able to sight read well, especially when I was playing the piano for the high school choir and the kids choir at church. I only play a couple of times a year now. Very rusty.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good answers, ASM. I can tell you have a fondness for cultures, and I think that gives you a depth and real intrigue to who you are as a person. For #3: Guatemalan is pretty exotic to an Scotch-Irish-German-pasty-white-Midwestern guy like me. You should write about those Sunday meals sometime if you haven't already, or post the link to the archive if you have. :)

6:29 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Hey AM,
I didn't realize that you had started blogging. Last I checked you were just an "About Me." Cool. So that will make like ten Texans on my blog list. Sheesh, I think I need to visit.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

You DO need to come visit us, Edgy Mama. Our lives would make such interesting characters in one of your future books. Thanks for coming by to visit- it's pretty cool that a world-famous writer has now commented on my blog. You are also one of only two ladies that I know of with two first names. The other one was from Kentucky. Hers was hyphenated though.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Ha Ha OD- "pasty white". I never thought about myself as being "exotic" but I guess I do kinda qualify. Oh I could write forever about the delicassies of Guatemalan and Welsh food. I did on my last blog- enough to compete with some food critics, but it has long since been deleted.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

I occasionally hypenate mine for emphasis, but generally I'm against over punctuation. Later.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home