Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Move over Janet Evans, you're in my lane


I count myself as being privileged - we have a swimming pool at work. As I found out last year, this is by FAR the best way to spend a lunch hour. Soaking up rays, relaxing, burning calories and getting your mind as far away from the workstation as possible. I worked up to swimming a mile without needing CPR like I felt the first time I tried it. I also managed to tiptoe very quickly to the pool, looking like Bugs Bunny avoiding Elmer Fudd. I refused to have any co-workers catch me on their lunch break as I walked the 50 feet that seemed like 20 miles from the gym locker room to the pool. Oh the horror.

I dreaded when September arrived last year, with the pool operating hours dwindling to nothing. I eagerly anticipated the May 23rd ceremonial opening of the pool, only to find out gasp, that it was closed due to repairs! How could they do this to me? It was closed all winter and they just now found the leak? Not the source of the leak, mind you, this will take longer, they just found a leak. The opening has been delayed with no hope in sight. Sniff.

I will (not-so) patiently await the opening of the pool. As soon as it is, I'll be a splishin' and a splashin' faster than you can say "no Speedos in the pool please".

posted by Amstaff Mom | 11:34 AM




2 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow, I wish we had a swimming pool where I work. That would definately be a plus! Sounds like a great place to work and to burn calories!!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

It is, when it's open! I just read today that it will be opening in July. sigh. We don't even get a date, just "July". summer is a bummer.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home