Monday, June 06, 2005

Questions and Answers, cont.


Good Morning All! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was fairly uneventful. I had Friday off, which was nice- I love 3 day weekends. Saturday was relaxing, I read a book and my hubby and my cousin washed our cars for us. It's been forever since it's been cleaned, and it looks so much better. Sunday we went out to eat with my parents for my dad's birthday-Happy Birthday to Pops today! We also did our grocery shopping at Whole Foods since we were in Dallas. This brings great delight to my tastebuds as they anticipate killer lunches this week. Today's lunch will consist of organic whole wheat tortilla wraps containing chicken salad, pico de gallo, and served with a side of macaroni salad. All prepared by the great chefs of Whole Foods and assembled by Yours Truly. Who knew healthy food could taste so good?? I'm hungry already. Now, back to this weekend's summary. Last night we went to church where I gleaned so much interesting information about the Bible. Services like that make me wish that I could turn my brain into a huge sea sponge, retaining it for a lifetime. Now I am back at my desk, having been here since the early hours of 6:45. This is not conducive to me, since I'm not a morning person, but I'm beginning to wake up as I type this blog and sip my cup of hot tea.


And now, here is the continuing saga of the questions posed to me by the OD.


6. If you could have one superhero power, what would you like it to be? Growing up, my FAVORITE superhero was Wonder Woman. She could fly in her invisible plane, apply her lasso of truth, and had black hair (like me) that cascaded down and always looked perfect (not like me). She was SO COOL. I had the halloween costume, the itchy sleepy bag, and the Underoos to prove it (thank goodness that picture is still packed away or I would be semi-tempted to post it.) I guess I haven't answered your question yet though, so I guess for a superhero power, I would love to be able to swim underwater for great lengths of time sans the scuba gear. I think it was Aquaman that able to do that.

7. Re: #6, would you use it for the good of others or the good of yourself, or both? Explain. I guess I chose a selfish superhero power, because there's not much I could do for others if I'm just swimming around. Maybe I could take on an environmental approach and let everyone know how nasty it is under there. Would that count? Maybe I need to re-think my choice of power. It's not something I've dwelled on for great lengths of time.

8. Share a recipe with us for your favorite dessert. Well, I'm going to have to go by memory since my recipes are still packed away with the rest of my belongings as I un-patiently wait to move this weekend. But here it goes. If you really want this recipe, remind me and I will post it again after I unpack, b/c the measurements could be way off. It is very easy to make, and it is always a hit, even for me, the non-chocolate lover. The graham cracker crust overrides any disdain of chocolate.

Chocolate Praline Pie

3/4 stick of butter
1/2 cup of chopped pecans
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 graham cracker crust
1 1/2 cups milk
1 large box of chocolate pudding mix
1/2 pint of whipping cream

Bake graham cracker crust at 200 degrees for 15 min. In a small bowl, melt butter and then stir in pecans and brown sugar. Pour this into the baked graham cracker crust. Mix pudding and milk according to directions on box. After the crust has cooled, pour the pudding onto the butter/sugar/pecan/crust. Top the layer of pudding with whipping cream. Refrigerate and then enjoy.


9. Pretend you're given the chance to hang out with one celeb for a day. Who would it be? What would you two do? Wow. As much as I am tempted to say Matt Damon, I would choose President Bush. We would go to Camp David, and then all the secret hideouts so that I would be privy to information only reserved for the select few. I would find out about all the in's and out's of being the President and the decisions he makes, and then I would ask how I could pray for him. We would close the evening with a White House Dinner, with all my friends, family, and bloggers attending.

10. How did you get started with blogging? This shows how intriguing the internet really can be. After my trip to New York with the SWEAT team, I did a search on Google for an award that Rick Gershon had mentioned he won while we were on the trip. One of the Google links that came up was Eddo's site, where he mentioned Heather Gershon's blog (Rick's sister). I clicked on Posted Note and in a short time, I was laughing out loud-at work mind you. I had no experience with blogs before this time, so when I went to comment on Eddo's site, it asked me to register with Blogger, and before I knew it, I too was blogging. Strange, huh!?!?!

Talk to y'all later.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:29 AM




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that recipe looks good! Do you need any eggs, though? Post the recipe again when you get settled.

8:15 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

yummm...that recipe DOES look good! i'm totally labeling that as a keeper. :)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I will make sure to post the recipe again when I find my recipe box. I am certain of the ingredients, just not the amounts. It is so easy to make and is always a hit. Might prove to be serious competition against the chocolate chip cookies!!!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I couldn't look at that recipe for the pie - I wanted to read the ingredients so badly, but I am still on South Beach and this time I am taking it on with a Vengeance! And so in order to be strong this week, I must refrain from the llightest temptation.

:)

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really...Wales? Very cool, that is where my "people" are from:)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

gotta love how we sucker bloggers in... lol.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home