Friday, June 24, 2005

Would a Friday by any other name be as sweet?


Just in case you didn't know, it's Friday! My mom always says that, every Friday. As if I hadn't been wishing my life away for the weekend. Well, it's finally here folks! What a Friday it's been too! Today was Take Your Children to Work Day at my employment location. We had about 70 kiddos that we were responsible for entertaining, herding and then returning to their parents in one piece. It was a success, even with me being somewhat responsible for the 11-14 year olds. It was a flashback to my days as a day camp counselor. I remember getting the list on Friday as to which age group I would be responsible for the next week. Oh how I dreaded the 5 year old category! I would have 10 5 year old girls that week that all needed their CapriSun's punched, their BB guns cocked (what were we thinking?!?!!) and their mommies. I actually enjoyed that job, even though the pay worked out to be 2.13 an hour. (!!!!) It was hotter than Hades (or Satan's armpit as my cousin says) but it was a memory maker if nothing else. So, back to today. The kids had a great time, the volunteers survived, and it's all over. Success.

Today, to top off not having to be at my computer the first 5 hours of my shift, the swimming pool opened today. Finally!! I swam on my lunch break, and oh was it refreshing. And awkward. I need to work some kinks out, and I'm sure the lifeguards were having a hayday watching me swim, but I enjoyed it. It's the best exercise on the planet. To me, a lazy person at least.

Well, I hope you have a wonderful weekend fellow bloggers. Until next time.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 1:37 PM




5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I loved this post. And your title too. Have a great weekend, dear.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

swimming...that is what I will be doing tomorrow, we are taking the boat out to the lake and when we get too hot, we will jump in and swim awhile. I can't wait!! Sounds like you had fun.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

You have a pool at work? Can I get a job there? I'm not good for much, save the occassion, well, frequent, smart alec comment.

9:04 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

i love to swim! i tried to swim laps yesterday, but it was a tad difficult, what with the kiddos swimming after the balls they threw and the adults floating in large round floaties.

perhaps i should try some other time besides the weekend.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

The swimming has been great! I'm taking a half day off today, but I'm sticking around long enough to swim!

Jayleigh, thanks for the complement. You are so sweet.

LLL- I want to hear all about your lake trip. Which lake to you go to?

Chad- you're crazy.

Jes- I experience the same thing when I go to the pool w/ my nieces and nephew. The two year old thinks I am her personal playground/slide.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home