Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Good News & The Bad News


Which one do you normally pick? If someone asks you if you want the good news or the bad news first, do you always go with one of them, or is your choice random?

Here's my good news/bad news that applied to me this weekend...

Good News: We saved by switching to Geico. Just kidding. We did save money though by having the lawn watered the natural way instead of hand watering it. We got some rain today!

Bad News: It rained and so I didn't get to swim on lunch.

More Bad News: Now it's sunny and my lunch is almost over.


Good News: I got one of those Caesar Salad Kits at Kroger yesterday. One of the ones that comes with croutons, cheese and dressing. It was getting close to the expiration date, and so they had it marked down to 10 CENTS!!!! What a deal!

Bad News: It didn't quite fill me up and so I had to get a veggie in the cafeteria.


Good News: I was a good wife and helped my hubby with yardwork on Saturday. He was on the first stages of assembling and digging trenches for our sprinkler system and so I shoveled the "dirt" (AKA hard lumps of clay and asphalt) off of the sidewalk and into the wheelbarrow.

Bad News: I was really sore that evening.


Good News: We had a great weekend, played games everyday with friends and family. Saturday night the fun lasted at our place until 2:15 am. Sunday it lasted until 1 am. Monday it lasted until 9 pm.

Bad News: I'm pretty dang tired today.


Good News: My mother-in-law went to church with us on Sunday, where we were treated to a wonderful patriotic service. This included the Pledge of Allegience, music from the orchestra, and a patriotic slide show.

Bad News: I was shedding some serious tears at the slide show. There was a voiceover done during part of the slideshow by one of our close friends (of the Sunday gamefest). The picture in the slideshow showed their son in Iraq, where he is in the Army. Their son told his parents how he felt that he should be serving over there since he is young and single, and that way a father doesn't have to leave his family to serve. They also had a loooong list of those in the armed forces from our church body. This included the aforementioned son as well as one of our guests from the Saturday night gamefest. Mingled feelings of pride and sadness.


Good News: I so enjoy reading your blogs and talking with y'all.

Bad News: Jes still has that picture on her blog. And I must get back to work now.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 10:04 AM




11 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

question one: it rained, so you couldn't go swimming. you would be getting wet anyways, so why not just swim in the rain?

question two: your salad didn't fill you up. so you got a veggie from the cafeteria. why a VEGGIE, when you just ate a SALAD? why not some protein or something else?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Answer 1: They lock the gate when it is raining, so you can't swim anyways. HOWEVER, I am about to go swim now and will be back shortly.

Answer two: Because the cafeteria is rigged. A veggie is 65 cents. So I got mashed potatoes, which were filling. I piece of chicken or today's special- veal cutlet, are $3.50. I work the system.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Even More Bad News: I changed into my swimsuit, got slathered in sunscreen, and went out to the pool where the gates were still locked. AUGH!!!! The pool will open at 3:30. That doesn't do me much good at 3:00, now does it? Here I am back at my desk, in my dress and SPF 45. Rats!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Not a good idea to swim in the rain unless you're pretty sure there is no accompanying lightening!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

It had been sunny and hot for three hours though. Three precious hours of lost swim time. oh well, there's always tomorrow!

2:22 PM  
Blogger steve said...

jes... swim in the rain... classic

2:36 PM  
Blogger whaaaat! said...

Good news: I just found your blog and it looks interesting so I look forward to reading your previous posts.
Bad news: I spent a long time looking at your previous posts not really reading them but instead trying to figure out if you mention what kind of job you have where you can take a dip in the pool during lunch.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I can imagine how that felt with the sunscreen and having to go back to work, that stuff is like a coating of plastic or something! lol! I put alot on this weekend and it felt as if I had a covering of some invisible plastic shield. But it works, keeps me from burning! Better luck on the next swim!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I would jump the gate and swim in the rain. Come ON people who lock the gates!! What is your deal? Does everu single sprinkle need to be accompanied by lightning? No it doesn't.

Let the woman go swimming!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

I want to go swimmig at work!! Sometimes I get to run, but I'm usually chasing someone. I won't mention the other workouts that I get at work. But no swimming.

I do understand the SPF 45 while working, though. I'm trying to rid myself of a horrendous farmer's tan.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i thought surely "veggie" was a mistype. maybe she meant "veggie burger" and forgot the other word to the phrase.

but now that i know it was just "veggie," well that is just darn ridiculous.

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home