Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hang on little fishy, Hang on!!


I FINALLY changed the water for my little beta fish today. It had algae growing it, and I kept meaning to change it. I kept putting it off because I needed to bring filtered water from home. Secondly, I didn't want to change it and then risk spilling the algae-infested water on Monday's funeral garb, or Tuesday's attire since it was an all-hands meeting date. So, there he sat/swam. My little Wolfgang. He has been with me through 3 different positions. Traveled around. Endured countless bath times and daily feedings. This time, I'm afraid I waited too long to give his house a proper cleaning. He didn't fuss when I put the net in his bowl to move him to his temporary home. He looked pale. And then, I noticed IT. What looks like a piece of a Q-tip stuck to his little head. WHAT IS THAT???? It's not very big, but he's not very big either. He was a small little Beta when I picked him out of all the other fish at PetsMart. That was over two years ago, so I guess he has outlived his life expectancy. He never grew, and his little right fin never grew right. He was imperfect, so to me he was perfect. I'm not ready for him to go to the great ocean in the sky. Not ready to flush him. I have coated him in Stress Coat. "To help repair damaged skin and fins & replace slime coating. " Maybe it's a bunch of crock, but believe me, he's well coated. He's still not eating though. Hang on little Wolfgang, hang on!!!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 12:51 PM




3 Comments:

Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I hope he lives too!, it's amazing how God's little creatures bless us in so many ways, even little fish!!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks Heidi!!!! It is an honor to be part of your blogger family.


LLL - They are special. I'm working from home today, so I'm not sure if he made it through the night. I'll keep y'all "posted".

7:07 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I had a 30 gallon fish tank running perfectly... that is until Micker Mackers decided to feed them one half of a BIG canister of fish food. Lost them all.

I feel your pain.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home