Wednesday, July 20, 2005

It's a new baby grill!!


No, that's not a typo. We now are the proud owners of a new grill. We have been grill shopping for awhile, and last night, we brought a new one home. The old one looks even more decrepit now, sitting next to the Newbie. When you change your address with the Post Office, you can sign up for a 10% off coupon at Home Depot. Coupled with a gift certificate we had, we went to make our purchase last night. We were prepared to do a special order, had my Consumer Reports data in hand, and began to comparison shop. We narrowed it down to two, and an hour later, went to special order it. The salesperson then told us more info about the other one, so back to the selection process we went. We finally made our decision and then, there she was. Our perfect grill. No special order needed. One we hadn't seen before. There was only one, and it had been hidden from everyone's view except for ours. We have a gas line on the back of our new house, and Home Depot doesn't normally carry the natural gas versions of the grills, only their liquid propane cousins. This one was equipped with said gas line, and, WAS $50 OFF! It was last year's model, but ever bit as efficient. Another salesman even gave us a free part that was needed to connect it to our gas line. A $40 value. What a blessing. We said a prayer of thanks for having the exact grill we needed for over $90 less than we expected. This, combined with an unexpected birthday present was a significant help to us being able to get our grill. I believe God loves to bless us, we just don't give Him enough credit when He does. I am blessed.

So, break out the burgers! No more charred chicken at the Amstaff's abode. As I type this, I'm listening to my Jars of Clay Redemption Songs CD. It IS well, it is well with my soul.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 12:32 PM




8 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

happy birthday to you! today is also my sister-in-law's birthday, which means that i cannot forget yours since they are on the same day!

happy happy happy birthday!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

oh. I'm sorry. I guess that was confusing. Mine is the 31st. You had mentioned you were going to go see Amanda on the 31st and hopefully get ice cream. Thanks for the greetings though!! I will take them 11 days early. :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love new grills! You shop the same way as me. There's no way I will go into a store without being well armed with all of the info about different grills. I am not spending hard earned money on a piece of junk! :-)

Emjoy your burger!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

hey! i wanted to know what you thought about this...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050720/ap_on_re_us/denver_dog_ban

i didn't realize that an amstaff fell into that category.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Oh my gosh, Amanda. I can't EVEN imagine how horrible it would be for someone to just come and take my dog. It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. All because of that city councilman??? I hope it gets overturned quickly. Sadly, I doubt it will.

The Amstaff, Staffordshire Bull Terrier are all related, but are not the same breed. The Staffordshire Bull used to be called the "Nanny Dog" in Britain because they are so good with kids. Go figure.

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny!! We have one of those nice grills too. I love it! Congrats, girl!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Happy belated birthday! Thou shalt not covet your neighbor's grill. (I am trying hard not to covet your grill... really I am.)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Danny Sims said...

That is the best CD out right now.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home