Friday, July 22, 2005

The Joys of Home Ownership


This week has FLOWN by. Although, money has been flying out of our checking account at much faster pace. We purchased the grill on Tues. Wednesday we had 9 1/2 yards of nutrient-rich dirt dumped on our driveway and I literally shoveled dirt into wheelbarrows for 3 hours straight. By back and neck muscles were KILLING me yesterday. I couldn't even turn my neck all the way. Although, I say with pride that my arms weren't sore - I guess I do have SOME muscle afterall. There were 5 of us shoveling, wheelbarrowing and spreading for 3 hours. A very nice neighbor volunteered his services the entire time. What a guy! Yesterday we had gutters installed, and today, 9 pallets of St. Augustine are being delivered. Gluttons of punishment are we.

I'm working from home this morning and then will begin unloading the pallets this afternoon. Anybody want to come help? The Amstaff Dad gave me a back massage last night, and so I should be raring to go later, although I am still sore, just not as stiff. I'm ready to have the house ready for company. It takes so long to get it all straightened out, and looking perty.

Just a week or two and it should be looking dandy, and ready for a blogger game night!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:56 AM




13 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Did I hear game night?? ;)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I am so there for the game night... do I get an evite?

9:54 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

And Ben, you are SoOOOOOO missing out on all the fun living all the way in tinbuktu!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Sounds like fun! Both the digging and the game night.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I always thought it was timbuktu... not tinbuktu... hm.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Yes, I said game night. Yes, you are all invited. When is the question. One weekend in August. We just need to decide. Anyone, Anyone?

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Sounds like you're getting your exercise and then some. Have fun!!!

2:08 PM  
Blogger RR said...

Hey, Amstaff Mom, when you're done working in your yard, you can come do the work for my *tiny* apartment yard. I don't mind sharing the "fun".

And then I'll teach you the Clue drinking game that I made up in college (back in the days when I thought drinking a lot was fun). You can play with Kool-Aid, iced tea, or the non-alcoholic beverage of your choice. I do not recommend playing it with alcohol.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Clue drinking game?!?! Count me in! We used EXACTLY 9 pallets of grass for our yard. We are now all done. Talk about exhausted!!

8:08 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Feel free to come and revive my yard...

10:53 AM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Hey AM,
I'll have to check out the series you're reading. I received your first comment as all comments are automatically e-mailed to me.

Is your BinLaw coming in for Bel Chere?

5:25 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Hey AM,
I'll have to check out the series you're reading. I received your first comment as all comments are automatically e-mailed to me.

Is your BinLaw coming in for Bel Chere?

5:25 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

AM - I am enjoying reading this series. It's light reading, but it has kept my attention. I'm not sure what Bel Chere is, but he's traveling on business.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home