Monday, July 18, 2005

R.I.P. Wolfgang aka "Fishy"


Well, Fishy didn't make it. My co-worker said the had "more white hair" on Friday and when I came in this morning, he wasn't even floating. He had sunk to the bottom like an anchor. Poor Wolfgang. He lasted longer than the one day that I had his predecessor, Sebastian. Sebastian decided that there were greener pastures (or greener waters??) outside his bowl and was the consistency of petrified wood when I found him lying next to my printer the next morning. Showed him, I guess. Wolfgang was content with his surroundings, but his days were numbered and now they are gone. There will be a brief period of mourning before he is replaced, in other words, until I make a trip to PetsMart to get a replacement.

Thanks for the well-wishers. Too bad he couldn't pull through.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 11:46 AM




4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Oh well... such is life. Pick out a cool new fish. ;)

1:56 PM  
Blogger whaaaat! said...

We were thinking about getting our kids a fish. My son is sadly allergic to cats and dogs and we tried the goldfish, but it didn't last long and we had to change the water way too often. I heard beta fish don't have to be changed as much. Maybe you can update us with what you have replaced Wolfgang with.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

:( that is sad. but also, i feel sorry for little beta fish in their miniscule dwellings. so, GO WOLFGANG! to that BIG clear vase with marbles up in the sky!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Wolfgang will be replaced with a Wolfgang the Second. Beta's are low maintenance, the only way to go for me.

Amanda, he DID have a big clear vase, with colored marbles, a bow and a plant. Here on my desk! He didn't NEED to go to the great ocean in the sky. But did he listen? Nooooooo.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home