Friday, August 05, 2005

August 7, 1999 - August 7, 2005


This weekend, we will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. Six years. How time flies. How things change. How love deepens. Through trials and tears we have grown stronger. Through kindness and thoughtfulness, our affection has grown. We have grown older, but hopefully gained wisdom throughout these years. As he's grown older, he's grown more and more handsome to me every year. I have wonderful memories of the last 6 years.
Because on that date, I married my best friend. I love you sweetheart. Happy Anniversary.


(This was sung at our wedding by our music minister, who played acoustic guitar and sang it while we lit the unity candle. It is still true today.)

Tomorrow morning if you wake up
and the sun does not appear
I, I will be here
If in the dark we lose sight of love
Hold my hand and have no fear
'Cause I , I will be here

I will be here when you feel like being quiet
When you need to speak your mind, I will listen
And I will be here when the laughter turns to crying
Through the winning, losing and trying, we'll be together
'Cause I will be here

Tomorrow morning if you wake up
And the furture is unclear
I, I will be here
As sure as seasons are made for change
Our lifetimes are made for years
So I, I will be here

I will be true to the promise I have made
To you and to the One who gave you to me


(This was our other song. We were just a singin' it in the car the other day with Keith Whitley.)

It's amazing how you, can speak right to my heart.
Without sayin' a word, you can light up the dark.
Try as I may I could never explain,
What I hear when you don't, say a thing.

The smile on your face, lets me know that you need me.
There's a truth in your eyes, saying you'll never leave me.
The touch of your hand, says you'll catch me, if ever I fall.
You say it best, when you say nothin' at all.

All day long I can hear, people talking out loud.
But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd.
Ol' Mr. Webster could never define,
What's being said, between your heart and mine.

The smile on your face, lets me know that you need me.
There's a truth in your eyes, saying you'll never leave me.
The touch of your hand, says you'll catch me, if ever I fall.
You say it best, when you say nothing at all.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 5:17 AM




18 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

awwwwwwww....

sugary sweet. :) happy anniversary.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I'm feeling awfully "sappy" this morning.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love that song. Your picture is beautiful and the epitome of love.

Congratulations on your 6th anniversary. Are you two doing anything fun to celebrate?

6:51 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks Jayleigh. Which song did you like?

My daddy took the picture. I grew up seeing him take this picture of so many different brides. Finally, it was my turn.

7:01 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

love the new look!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks JLR! All complements go to Jes.

BIG KUDOS TO JES!!

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blah. no kudos to me until i get this all straightened out! it's haywire! :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger steve said...

LOOOOOOOVE the 50s flair to the suitcase mast... I love the new look. fab u luscious

9:17 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Wow. Way cool. Like the look...
Put's mine to shame. ;)

Happy Anniversary!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

love it! very very chic. :)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

AM I love the new site design.

Also

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

I'm excited to get to meet you "in person"

12:11 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks everyone for the Anniversary wishes. What a wonderful blog family I have.

K-T, I am THRILLED to death about getting to meet you "in person".

THRILLED.

12:32 PM  
Blogger whaaaat! said...

I like the new look too, except that now we don't have the same blogger template in common. But hey, I see now we do have something else in common. My wife and I had the same song I will be here at our wedding 15 years ago in June. It may have been while we tried to light our unity candle too but I can't remember, sadly or actually kinda funny when we look back on it, ours wouldn't light. My wife's brother sang this song and I always laugh thinking of him singing it because he is more of the classically trained style of singer and this song really isn't. Still a beautiful song.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

second song, first verse.

(sorry to do this to your anniversary song)

It is narcotic like, you can speak to right to my heart. Without to say a word, you can illuminate in on the dusk. Tests as I can I could never not explain, than what I feel when not, in order as an example one what.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Awesome new look, beautiful picture, love the songs too!! Congratulations on six wonderful years and for many, many more to come!!!

3:56 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love both the songs, but the KW song especially. After I read this yesterday, I called Rob's vmail at work and sang it there. He called me later and said his eyes welled up when he heard me singing it.

I won't post here on your anniversary that I have the best hubby in the whole world.... but ya know. ;-)

8:15 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

AS - Too funny that you did this with the song. My favorite line was that I "can illuminate in on the dusk". Classic.

Jayleigh - That was so sweet of you to sing to your hubby. I bet it did touch his heart.

Whaaaat!!!, LLL, Heidi - Thanks for the anniversary wishes. It was a great weekend.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

I sang that first song at my friends wedding 11 years ago. I love that song too.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home