Thursday, August 11, 2005

Can you hear me now?


Yesterday I began feeling the effects of a head cold. I took extra Vitamin C and Garlic tablets, drank 3 cups of hot tea (Organic Green), had chicken noodle soup for lunch, and finished it off with a Mexican food dinner. If a chili relleno, hot sauce and sopapillas (not mixed together!) doesn't make me feel better, I don't know what would. I even had a nice long soak in a bathtub filled with hot water and bubbles. I think I caught it before I got really sick, but meanwhile I feel like somebody stuffed 100 cotton balls into my nasal passages and in my ears. No amount of swallowing seems to be clearing my ears. And to think, my hubby lives like this all the time. Craziness.
I realize how much I take my health for granted. I do invest in my health, believing wholeheartedly that I can pay for supplements now or pay for it later in doctor's bills. Sometimes though, we can't prevent sickness or disease. We just have to trust the Great Physician for our healing. Sometimes He uses those very sickness to heal our hearts and souls, from the inside out. I am thankful that He has blessed me with good health, and the means to take care of myself. For medicines, doctors, and hospitals that I can easily access when I need to. So much of the world has no access to health care. When my mom was a little girl in Guatemala, she had asthma and one inhaler that had to last her for a very long time. She would be gasping for air but could only take a small puff because it had to last. I have so much to be thankful for. Head colds and all. Meanwhile, pass the DayQuil.

Have a great day my friends.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 10:36 AM




9 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Have a great day

11:59 AM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Take care.

We are lucky. I have a friend who lives in Ethiopia, and she has to worry about her children contracting diseases like malaria and dengue fever and leprosy. I feel spoiled by living here (even if health insurance does suck).

12:51 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I hope that your cold clear soon! It is such a gross feeling but I agree with edgy mama.... I would take a cold over malaria any day and we are COMPLETELY spoiled! I pray you feel better soon!...

(I am handing you some tissues and dayquil) Feel better!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Many thanks to my well-wishers.

I am feeling alot better now.

1:08 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

Oh, that's terrible! I hope you start feeling better soon! Drink lots of fluids! And please, wash your hands frequently!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Glad to hear you feel better. You seem to have a healthy response to sickness (garlic, Vitamin C, tea). I go in search of the nearest bottle of nyquil and sleep my way through the stuffiness.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

aw, poor thing! sinus stuff is the worst. a hot shower with jets of pulsating water massaging my face is the way i overcome. of course, then my skin is raw, and open for further infection, but at least my sinuses clear up for a few minutes.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

hope you overcame your sickness!

We are very blessed, i remember in Russia, they didn't use any kind of rubber gloves when they operate. Their hygiene there has a lot to be desired too.

Thank the Lord I live in America!!

3:45 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Are you better yet? ;)

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home