Monday, August 08, 2005

Do-Ray-Me-Fah-So-La-Ti-Do


Well, it was my annivesary weekend, and what a great weekend it was. Originally, we had planned to go to Oklahoma on Friday night, coming home on Saturday evening. My niece had a fever Friday, so we postponed the trip until Saturday morning. We decided to go out for our Anniversary dinner, and headed off to Texas Roadhouse for some eats. We stuffed our guts and then headed off to our first "Singing". Our friends/mentors invited us over to their friend's house. They all used to attend a Church of Christ church, which does not incorporate instruments in their worship. All the people there, (maybe 15?) were very talented singers. What they were thinking inviting us, I'm not sure. Anyways, we each had a hymnal, no ordinary hymnal mind you, but a 1100+ song hymnal. Anybody could call out a hymn number and then one guy would start us all art. Everybody sang according to their range, Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass. It was so beautiful hearing the harmonies blend together. There were also a few different rounds, each range sang different parts to the same song. We sang for over two hours, until some of us were little going hoarse. That's the most my vocal cords have ever had to work. It really was fun. And guess who was there? The elementary principal from Katie's school! Small world, eh?

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:42 AM




4 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

oh, gosh. i would have suffered total humiliation had i been there. i CAN NOT sing.

also, i do not know what my range is. someone would have had to TEST ME first. the thought - horror!

9:26 AM  
Blogger steve said...

WHAT!?!??! NO GUITARS!?!?!?

11:01 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hey my principal told me yesterday she met you at the sing-a-thon (my words not hers). It's a small world after all . . . .

10:41 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Yeah, it was good to see her again. I had met her before at a Christmas party, with the same group of people. I think she was laughing at us trying to sing.
"Mrs. C" said that you had mentioned knowing me. How sweet of you!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home