Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm laughing


One of my co-workers stopped by my desk this morning and asked me what I thought of her wig. I told her the truth, that it looked very nice on her. She went on to explain that one time, when she was perming (straightening) her hair, she went ahead and mixed the color in with the perming solution. This causing her hair to turn a bright orange color -not the desired effect, to say the least. She bought a wig that evening and it saved her from further embarrassment. I've seen her in extensions and many different hairstyles, of which I'm jealous because my coiffure is always the same. She said that last night, she washed her hair but didn't style it before going to bed. At this point, I'm picturing what my hair does when I do this same routine. It's usually kinda flat on top and then much curlier than normal. The description she game me made me bust out laughing. Thankfully, she was laughing too, I just wasn't expecting her to say it. What she said was, "Giiiirl, if I wasn't wearing this wig, I'd look like a black q-tip! My hair all curly and stuck to my head!" Her hair is normally straight and to her shoulders, so the mental image I got from her desciption was downright hilarious. Oh well, I guess you had to have been there.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 11:06 AM




4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Ha ha ha ha ha - way too funny of a mental picture

11:26 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i wish i could just slap a wig on and call it a day.

but i would scratch it. all day long. until i had festering wounds on my scalp. then i would have to run into the bathroom periodically to soak my real head in the sink. i would stick the wig back on before returning to my office, but i am sure the drying hair underneath and the itchiness would drive me to insanity.

yep. better that i just make my same lazy attempt at "styling" every morning.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Is anybody else's scalp itching????

Thanks, AS.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

haha! you are too funny! I agree with Amanda I would be scratching too, I put on a ball cap sometimes and by the end of the day I can't wait to get it off my head so I can imagine what I would do with a wig, it would probably be lopsided after the first hour and I would go around all day like that and no one would tell me. haha

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home