Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Kermit the Frog, here



As a kiddo, I loved the Muppets. I remember even having a favorite glass to drink out of that had The Muppets. I rarely was allowed to order Happy Meals at McDonald's (tragic, I know) but one time I was allowed to AND got to get the collectible glass featuring The Great Muppet Caper. I can still picture the glass, even though I'm sure it's laying shattered in a landfill somewhere.

Update: I think it is intact and someone is selling it on eBay...


Remember the cartoon, Muppet Babies? Watched that one too. But the cartoon couldn't hold a candle to the great variety of Muppets in the movies. I loved the old men in the balcony, the French chef with the lobster, Beeker, and of course, Ker-meee. I had a little record player growing up that played the small records, the ones with that you had to put a little yellow plastic star in the middle in order for it to play. I loved to listen to Kermit singing "It's Not Easy, Being Green". I don't think I have the record any more. I do still have two of my 8-tracks though. Sesame Street and Snoopy's Christmas, yep, they're in my cedar chest. Why I'm saving them, I don't know.

So what brought on this trip to Memory Lane? I finally finished painting our bathroom last night. What a beast of burden it has been. Since we have such cheapy, chalky builder's paint, it shows even the slightest mark on it. It's also so cheap that you can't rub off any marks, otherwise the paint will come off. I hope to have the whole house painted someday, but for now, it's one room at a time. I thought the bathroom would be a cinch, even thinking that it would be done in an afternoon with a quart of paint. Three days and one full gallon later, it is complete, except for the touch-ups. Thankfully, the spare bath should be a cinch compared to it. I'm just ready for both of them to be done. I must have been exceptionally careless last night, because I had green paint all over me. All over my shorts, shirt, arms, and hands. I have been scrubbing all day, to no avail. I'm still pretty green. And it's not easy.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 9:55 AM




11 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

i wanna see pictures!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Amstaff - i painted my office at work green and somehow I had green highlights in my hair for a few days. I feel you Kermie.

10:39 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

i was just on eBay, and they have lots of the glasses from the Great Muppet Caper for sale!!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I TOTALLY thought about going out and looking for a pic on eBay and didn't. Thanks for the reminder Jes. I'm posting a pic now. I found the one that I had!

They came out in 1981?!?! I was 5.

11:07 AM  
Blogger steve said...

I loved ANIMAL the drummer! He ROCKED!!!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

i love me some muppets! they are so cute. nothin' that cute on these days. NOTHIN' i tell ya!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I loved muppets in space. And I'm pretty sure I am related somehow to the 2 grumpy guys in the balcony - they fit in so well as my grandparents.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Muppets and Kermie, what great memories!!!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Cav said...

I loved all the muppets as well! I recently rented (because i was babysitting) The muppets wizard of oz.

It has some "presently popular" people, like queen latifa, in it. It was real cute and I recommend you seeing it - my favorite is the shrimp.

even if I wasn't babysitting i'd like it. willing to admit.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Cav,

When I was a nanny, I saw a Muppet Cristmas Carol a few times. It really was cute. I can still picture the old men - Marley & Marley wearing their chains.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

AS, I will take pictures as soon as I get the bathroom cleaned back up. I didn't get to do the touch-ups last night, so it's on my list for tonight!

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home