Monday, August 08, 2005

Oklahoma is OK


The rest of the weekend was spent in the state to our north, Oklahoma. All together now,"O-klahoma, where the wind goes blowing through the treees". Anyways, where was I? Last weekend I was inspired by the great Jes, the creative mind behind the new look of my blog. She took pictures of her Saturday, and we all felt like we had been right there with her. I'm going to take a stab and it and post pictures of my weekend. Several hours of it was spent on the back of my sister-in-law's dad's bike. Yes, sister-in-law's dad. We're very close to her family. They're great people. So, here we go...

And we're off! We took this picture outside a diner where we'd had breakfast. That visor/shield sure comes in handy against the sun/insects!











I can see for miles and miles and miles.

I couldn't get a good picture of the sign (I'm on a motorcycle people!), but this sign says "Clear Boggy Creek". Makes sense to me...

Caution, Horse Drawn Vehicles. There is a small Amish group that lives in "these them parts".

Where you burn while your clothes turn...











My Amstaff was so excited to be in the country! It was her first time out of Texas.









Sights of Oklahoma. And me trying out the zoom lens on the camera.

The turtle population has gotten out of hand in the ponds. Too many turtles equals too few fish. The boys headed out to take care of the "problem"
This is my hubby and his twin. "That's a long way down!"










He was so excited to have his picture taken. Can't you tell? He'd been riding the four-wheeler, that's why his hair looks like Val Kilmer's in Top Gun.









What you don't hear right now is me yelling to the turtles, "SAVE YOURSELVES!!! Swim little turtles, SWIM!" To no avail, as the lion stalks its prey, so the hunter stalks the turtle. (doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?)









I'll wrap this up now. Here's me and my sweetie on our anniversary. This four-wheeler used to be ours until we sold it to the s-i-l's dad. Now we get to ride it anytime we want for free! What a deal. Thanks for going to Oklahoma with me!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 7:03 AM




9 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

What kind of golfing do you guys do over there???

Golf carts with gun racks??

12:00 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Shooting TURTLES??

Crazy.

Hey, on a side note... I can barely read the titles of your post... might need Jes to fix that.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

WAYYYY COOL! Love the Val Kilmer hairdo, too. And the flower pics. Talented are you!

2:03 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh! i thought you rode the motorcycle to OK. and i couldn't figure out how your Amstaff rode with you.

but now, i'm assuming that you drove there, and then rode a motorcycle around once you got there, sans the dog.

loved the photo tour! do it again soon!

3:03 PM  
Blogger whaaaat! said...

I think it is "where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain" but by your pictures I do see several trees. Are you sure you were in Oklahoma? The part I have been in the most is the panhandle near the TX panhandle and there ain't many trees to be seen. So, was there a lot of ricocheting going on while shooting turtles? Looks like you two had a lot of fun.

3:38 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

Thanks for taking us on your trip with you! Sounds like you had a good weekend. Better than the turtles, anyway!

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that y'all had fun on your anniversary weekend. Too bad the trip was a bit rougher for the turtles. We fly out to Florida tomorrow. :) I'll call you from the beach. haha. smirk.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Nobody felt more sorry for those poor turtles than me. Nobody. I'd like to think there are plenty of them left to bask in the sun.

Thanks everyone for coming along with me for the ride!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

MsThang, thanks for coming along on the tour. Good thing you took advantage of our buy one tour get the second one free deal.

Y'all come back now, ya hear?

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home