Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Throw Momma from the ATV






This past weekend, continued...

So, I've already shared the excitement of my Friday night. Saturday, we slept in, did some work around the house, then went to hubby's parent's house for dinner/conversation/games. We played BuzzWord, and had great fun.

Sunday, we accompanied my parents to East Texas. The land of pine trees, and heat. They are volunteers at their church, and all volunteers and their families were invited to enjoy hamburgers and fun at a friend of the pastor's home. Hubby and I had been there once before, when we were leaders in the youth group, so we knew what fun was to be had.

The gentleman that lives at the home (when he's not off doing mission trips, etc.) is one of the most financially blessed, and generous people I know. Unfortunately, wealth and generosity don't normally go hand in hand, but in this case they certainly do. The home is set on 300 acres, and is a beautiful home complete with indoor pool. The deck leading out to the private lake is massive, with hammocks hung from the many trees. The lake includes a giant slide and zip line. It also has a ski boat and jet skis. Then for fun on land, there's a golf range, shelter for skeet shooting, and a shed full of four-wheelers and dirt bikes. He has at least 15 four-wheelers, complete with miles of trails in the woods and then a motorcross course.














He invites people all the time to come out and enjoy his place. Generosity to the max. So, fun we had, and while my dad was content to sit in the shade and fellowship, my mom was ready for her first jetski and four-wheeler ride.



Here's my view on one of the trails on a four-wheeler.











This is on the other side of the lake, where the trails wrap around.













"Brian" and I head out on the jetski. It was a BLAST!













My mom's first Jetski ride. She's hanging on to her friend, and her straw hat.












My mom is 4 foot, 10 inches tall, so seeing her rider on the back of a four wheeler made her look like a 7 year old girl!












She probably gave this poor guy the Heimlich maneuver.














Momma and Pops.

The slide is the yellow and blue thing in the background.















East Texas Pines.















Crossing the Christmas Bridge to leave his place.

Sure hope we get to go back soon!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 8:51 AM




12 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Wow that looks like so much fun. I'm glad you had an exceptional weekend. :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow, great pics. Sounds like an excellent weekend.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

where in east texas? why do people from the metroplex thing that east texas is a place? it is a region! nacogdoches is in that region!

that is like saying you went to the midwest for the weekend. your readers demand more specific information!

anyway, it looks beautiful. wish i could have ridden a jetski, but that would probably be pretty uncomfortable right now.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

think. not thing. THINK.

don't mess with the hormonal lady.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Geez, I think I stepped on a pregnant woman's toes! It was east of Canton, AS.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

"Brian" and I head out on the jetski. It was a BLAST!

So funny...

AS, wow, that was a bit abrasive, I am glad you didn't say that on my site as I would have been like, "What?" "Girl, Pregnant on not you better not be talkin to me like that on my site!"

1:40 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Brian... ha ha!!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

am - i wasn't trying to be abrasive! my sister always goes to "east texas" to visit her inlaws, and i'm like "east texas? that is here! why don't you come see me???"

i just wondered how close you were to my town!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

aw. i feel sad.

i need forgiveness.

i am that kind of person. am? eddie? anyone???

3:35 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

No hard feelings, AS.

*hugs*

4:53 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

thanks. i feel better. :)

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home