Monday, August 01, 2005

Well, why not...


Everyone else filled out one of these a month of Sundays ago, but I'm just now getting around to it. Better late than never, I hope.

My life the last 10 years, by the Amstaff Mom...

What I was doing ten years ago: This day, 10 years ago, I had just turned 19 the day before. I was living in Dallas, with my parents and sister. I was about to start my third year of college, and hated every minute of it. I was a nanny on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and worked a split shift at a restaurant. I had just quit working at the Gap, losing my discount, which I missed immensely. I was not getting along with my parents at all, a trend that had begun 4 years before and would continue for several more. I was dating my boyfriend/best friend of 4 years, with plans to marry him when we graduated from college. He was home from college over the summer, and I was spending all my non-work time with him. I had not yet met my(now) husband, but would the following February. I was driving a '91 Oldmobile Cutlass Calais, otherwise known as a money pit. I wasn't very close to the Lord during this time.

5 years ago: This day,5 years ago, I had turned 24 the day before. My hubby and I were about to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. We had been living in our new (first) house in Denton for a little over a year. I had been employed with my current employer for two years, and my Amstaff was still a pup. The hubby and I were heading off to Red River, NM the following weekend, where we had an awesome vacation. I was starting to get along with my mom again.

1 year ago today: I had just had my 28th birthday, we were still living in our last house, with no thoughts of ever moving, ever having children, or knowing what a blog was. I had yet to go on a mission trip, was still driving my Honda Accord instead of my more gas-friendly Civic, and was about to say goodbye to my Sis who was moving to Denver. Man, alot has changed in a year!

Yesterday: Yesterday was my 29th birthday. How time flies. We went to church, then went to a friend's house were we celebrated her birthday. (and mine). We had a good time with friends, and swam in the pool. We then ran errands to Kroger and Home Depot and ate dinner at Chili's where I had a Triple Treat appetizer and a chocolate shake (hey, it's my b-day). We then rode our bikes to our his brother's house and played Phase 10 for 2 hours.

5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Chips and Dip
2. Snickerdoodle cookies
3. Candy corn and peanuts (taste like a Payday)
4. Ice Cream
5. Pudding or Jello

5 songs I know all the words to: (I have to limit this to 5?!?!?!)
1. When You Say Nothing At All - Keith Whittley
2. It Is Well With My Soul
3. Amazing Grace
4. Worlds Apart - Jars of Clay
5. I Will Be Here - Steven Curtis Chapman

5 Things I would do with $100 million:
1. Pay of our debt and the debt of everyone in our immediate family
2. Give to our church, World Vision, and the Bible League
3. Take my family on a trip
4. Travel the world, visiting at least 2 countries every year for the rest of my life
5. Give more to other churches and organizations


5 locations I would like to run away to:
1. Wales
2. New Zealand
3. Australia
4. Bora Bora
5. Hawaii

5 bad habits I have:
1. Being late
2. Procrastinating
3. Being Lazy
4. Being too quiet
5. Being addicted to the internet

5 things I like doing:
1. Being on the internet
2. Reading (preferably in my hammock)
3. Traveling
4. Playing games
5. Being with my hubby and Amstaff

5 things I would never wear:
1. A wig
2. A thong bikini
3. A leather mini-skirt
4. A bustier
5. A tuxedo


5 TV shows I like:
1. The Amazing Race
2. Survivor
3. CSI
4. Without a Trace
5. Law & Order: SVU

5 Biggest joys of the moment:
1. Friends and Family that I spent the weekend with
2. My new house
3. My hubby's new bike, so now we can go riding together
4. My blogger family
5. The cruise I booked last week

5 Favorite Toys:
1. My digital camera
2. My computer
3. My bike
4. My car
5. My passport

I guess that’s it!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 8:53 AM




10 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

ooooh! tell us about your cruise!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

SOOO excited Amanda. Just me and my sweetie going. Mexico and Belize. You have no idea how excited I am!!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Happy Birthday a few days late, AM!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks EM!!! :) I've eaten enough carrot cake this weekend to warrant changing my name to "Bugs".

1:52 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Happy late B-day

2:44 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Carrot Cake ROCKS!

I'm sorry for not knowing, but who is Amstaff? I feel like a heel. :(

Take pics on your cruise!! When are you going?

2:54 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Amstaff is the nickname for the breed also known as the American Staffordshire Terrier. There have been pictures on my blog at various times. She is also my baby. Her name is Abby Gail, but we call her Abs, Abby or Amstaffy.

3:28 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Someone actually got to my site by googling "Amstaff Russia"... just an FYI. They also found me with "alcoholic God photo" and that scares me...

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated shared birthday! ;-)

5:21 PM  
Blogger whaaaat! said...

A couple of comments just for the heck of it:
Our family used to go to Red River, NM quite a bit. Fun little place.
Not liking chocolate I guess you have to be creative with candy corn and peanuts. At first I thought I read cornnuts and right away went to check for a scathing comment from katie.
I love The Amazing Race and can't wait until it comes back on again.
You mentioned how much has changed in a year, just wait until you do have a baby and you will really be saying this.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home