Tuesday, September 20, 2005

100 Things About Amstaff Mom


I've been meaning to do this forever, so I might as well get started now.

100 Things About Me

1. I want to travel the world, except for India
2. I have no interest in seeing (or smelling) India
3. My best childhood memories are at camp or traveling
4. My family always got along when we were traveling
5. When I started dating, we no longer got along
6. My parents didn't want me dating any of my boyfriends
7. This included Hubby, but we all get along now
8. My first job, I was a camp counselor
9. It was day camp and we rode buses without air-conditioning
10. The day camp was in Dallas, in the summer.
11. I don't like the feel of sweaty legs on vinyl.
12. I do love to ride in Jeeps though
13. I've snorkled in Cozumel and Kauai
14. I am extremely near-sighted
15. My middle fingers are curved
16. I love to read, mainly mysteries
17. I have read the entire collection of Sherlock Holmes 5 times
18. I worked in the church library as a kid to get out of going to Sunday School
19. I have always loved reading and went to the Dallas Public Library at least once a week
20. I used to check out the AKC Book of Dogs every week to memorize dog breeds
21. I love dogs. Cats - not so much.
22. Growing up, I had a dachshund, yorkie, and poodles
23. Now I own a 55 lb American Staffordshire Terrier
24. My dog is my baby and she knows it.
25. I never wanted to have children, but I think I do now
26. Sometimes the thought makes me really nervous though.
27. I hope my kids have Hubby's blue eyes
28. I have a soft voice
29. It takes effort for me to speak loudly
30. I've had three passports
31. My CD collection is very random
32. I love to crank up my stereo at home to random songs
33. I love to listen to the Hungarian Rhapsody, which I wish I could play.
34. I have played the piano since I was 5 years old.
35. I took piano lessons for 13 years
36. I rarely play the piano now. Less than 5 times per year, probably
37. I used to be really good at sight reading, but not since I stopped playing.
38. I was the pianist for my high school and kids choir my senior year
39. I can't play jazz, but I do like playing the Maple Leaf Rag
40. If I could play one song on the guitar, I would play "Name" by the Goo Goo Dolls
41. I love watching the Fountains at Bellagio.
42. I've been to Las Vegas twice.
43. I've never spent more than $5 gambling.
44. I first heard Andrea Boccelli's "Time to Say Goodbye" watching the fountains
45. Now I play the CD every once in awhile, crank it up, and lay on my couch.
46. I love to relax
47. I love to take naps
48. My mother was born in Guatemala but I consider myself white.
49. I never attended public school
50. I hated college
51. I think I would have liked college if I knew what I wanted to major in
52. Or if I had gone off to school and hadn't of been working and going to school.
53. I can spend hours on the internet
54. I love booking travel for my friends
55. All of my family lives in the D/FW metroplex
56. My family doesn't have family reunions
57. I love ice cream, especially Pistachio Almond
58. When I was little, I called Baskin Robbins "Baskinin Varnus"
59. My dad called me "first name" Baskinin Varnus for years.
60. I call my dad "Pops" and my mom "Momma"
61. I didn't start calling them that until I was older.
62. I have one younger sister. She is a miracle baby.
63. I like being alone
64. I don't mind going to the movies or to a restaurant by myself
65. I love hammocks
66. I am learning to eat healthy
67. I didn't eat wheat bread until a few years ago
68. I buy mostly organic food now
69. I don't like sandwiches
70. I do like Subway or Great Outdoors though
71. My mom made me bologna sandwiches with mayo on wheat
72. I used to throw my lunch away every day in elementary school
73. My teacher saw me throw it away one day and made me dig it out of the trash
74. I like to play games
75. I like to stay up late
76. I am NOT a morning person
77. I didn't eat chocolate as a kid, and don't much care for it now either
78. I do like Mr. Goodbar or Twix though.
79. I love to ride horses
80. I am a native Texan
81. I can shoot pistols pretty well
82. I had never held a gun until I met my hubby
83. I used to wear ropers (boots) all the time
84. I never wear them anymore
85. My first and middle name combination is very common
86. I read the Sunday paper every week
87. I like the wedding page and obits the best
88. I love taking pictures
89. I am not artistic in any other way except for photography
90. I became a Christian when I was 5 years old
91. I distinctly remember that day, even though it was 24 years ago
92. I led my grandmother to the Lord
93. I held my grandfather's hand as he took his last breath
94. I am not scared of dying
95. I do enjoy living though
96. I watch Little House on the Prairie re-runs
97. I thoroughly enjoy blogging
98. I love hugs
99. I give good backrubs, mainly because I have a bad back too.
100. I have over 50 pairs of shoes, mostly comfy shoes. Favorite brand is Merrell, followed by Born.

I actually thought of 100 things about myself. CRAZY!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 11:18 AM




15 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Ropers- I wore these DAILY when I was about 23 or so. Thank heavens I got rid of them. Not nearly so cool as I thought they were!

Andrea Boccelli's "Time to Say Goodbye" is one of my fave songs of all time.

I don't understand not liking chocolate! I haven't had ANY in 6 weeks and I feel like I am going to freak out! I think I want some of Jubal's double chocolate triple layer cake. Yes, even after watching him TALK with it in his mouth! lol

Finally, my parents hated my hubby until our 2nd wedding anniversary when my dad had a heart attack. Rob sat in the hospital every single day with my mom, even when I couldn't (because I'd just started a new job). Now I think my mom loves Rob more than she does me! :-)

This was very interesting! Rock on, my Texan sister!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Cav said...

Good list and good to know about you.

And hey - I so remember poochie. I wanted this poochie lipstick once - and well...I never got it.

As you can see it is still effecting me.

nnylmyfv nanny l my favorite.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

I just wanted you to know that I have lots of comments on your list and no patience to type them all up. Just a few questions:

Why not India? Anything in particular bother you?

3 passports - does this mean from three different countries, or that you've renewed your US passport three times? If 3 countries, which?

Is Bible Study now to compensate for skipping Sunday School all those years ago?

Why did you stop playing piano?

There, now you see that I have all these interesting and insightful questions, and you're wondering what all the other ones are, aren't you?

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. your red ropers, I remember those. I've been meaning to learn Name ever since you mentioned that in colorado, I'll look for it soon.

later dude
props from the miracle baby.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love 100 things posts.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Jayleigh, we had more in comment than I thought. If you ever come down to Texas, I will crank up the stereo for you. "Conti....partiro..."

Curious, do you like the solo or duet version best?

Cav - if I ever see Poochie lipstick, I'll buy it for you.

Lia - I'll answer your questions on a separate comment.

Miss Anon - Yes, please learn "Name" for me and I will play it vicariously through you. My red LACE-UP ropers, thank you very much. Saw them when I was moving. I had the blue plain ones that Pops bought for me too. I remember that he bought me my blue boots and my Music Machine record right before you were born. And a purse. And the broken bell from Canada. Only things I remember him ever buying. I can't make myself get rid of the purse.

Jef - Glad you liked my list.

rqgvuve (Ricky, give UV!)

7:44 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Oh my goodness. just read my COMMENT. And I had typed COMMENT instead of COMMON.

I'm not awake yet, and now I've got to go into an hour-long meeting. Sigh.

Lia - Questions are welcome.

Answers:

They always go to India on the Amazing Race and the groping and packed trains, as well as the smells freak me out. I get uncomfortable just watching it. No thank you.

I've had to renew my passport two times. It expired between each of the trips.

1st passport - stamps from England, Holland (didn't need one for Wales)

2nd passport - stamp from Guatemala

3rd passport - stamp from England, fun one from train station in Wales.

Bible study is because I need it. And for guilt for skipping Sunday School.


Piano was a forced thing for me. I'm glad I know how to play, but I never really enjoyed it. I hated the lessons and sitting there to practice. I guess I'm rebelling now.

zfywxjh

7:52 AM  
Blogger RR said...

AM: LOVE "Time to Say Goodbye."

Um...three passports? Isn't that illegal? Or do you mean one current and two expired passports? That would be all right.

You don't like sandwiches? You don't like sandwiches. You don't like sandwiches?

I also used to play piano, although not very well. I loved it.

JLR and I would be happy to lend you some books from our wall-o-mysteries.

apkkgrf!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow that's a lot to take in on my friend JCol - good to know some of these things.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

You never knew I was so complex, eh, K-T?

sajyd. (say Jude)

10:59 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

picky picky.

100 now.

It only took me like 20 minutes to do this. Maybe I will change it up sometime.

plmbf plum boyfriend?

1:36 PM  
Blogger steve said...

I might have to do one of these sometime...

Dahcd!! (what you be playin when you in yo Jammaz!)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

RR - Solo or Duet version?

shjah (should you stay or should you go now?

2:06 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

Thank you for your answers. Very enlightening.

I remember waiting till my sixteenth birthday to renew my passport because if you're fifteen, the renewal only lasts five years and if you're sixteen, it lasts ten years. So now I'm stuck with a picture of me at 16 which will be in my passport for five more years. But it's still better than the hassle of renewing.

I like Eric's idea. I think I may have to update my 100 Things sometime.

gqtroawi - gee, a cute row. I'm in awe.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Now I get to learn a few somethings about you! Good stuff!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home