Thursday, September 01, 2005

Book Recommendation


About a month ago, I read the Million Dollar Series by Mindy Starns Clark. It was a series of 5 books, and was one of the most enjoyable series reads for me in a long time. I was hooked. One took place in Asheville, and the last one took place in New Orleans/Slidell. It gave me a bit of background on this area, and has actually come in handy when reading about the recent disaster that occured in the city. If you're looking for a good read, that's full of suspense without being overly scary, I personally would highly recommend these books. They are Christian Fiction, without being preachy. A bit of a love story as well. I stayed up late reading all of these.

This one was the one that took place in New Orleans, but you've really got to read the series in order to fully appreciate it.

My mother-in-law is involved in who knows how many book clubs. She then donates the books to the church library at my parent's church. She gives them to me to pass on to them, but they take a brief stop at my house first. I cull through the stack and pull out the mysteries/suspense, and then send the other ones on their way. I've got about 20 that I still need to read before I pass on. I just gave these to my parents to take to church last week, otherwise I'd loan them to anybody that wanted to borrow them.

Happy Reading!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 9:03 AM




9 Comments:

Blogger Cav said...

Thanks for the recommendations...I am a sucker for a good book.

And hey - let me know about the next game night - I want to laugh if they are that funny!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Cav - if? IF? oh girl we are wet your pants, let out a little toot funny

Seriously.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

At the same time.

Seriously. :p

10:00 AM  
Blogger Lava said...

I love book series'...I'll have to check this out!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Cav said...

I quote...

"a little toot funny".

Oh boy...I guess I am in for it.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I definately will ck these books out, lately I have not been able to really get into a book, it's like they just don't seem to hold my interest.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

AM - Have you read Francine Rivers?

7:16 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I haven't, K-T. I did see alot of her books last night when I was at Mardel though.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ok, remind me and I'll lend you her series Mark of the Lion, they're big and long but so good.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home