Friday, September 02, 2005

Questions for Friday


I took this from the website Friday's Feast . There's not one today, so I borrowed an old one from March. Here are the questions...

Appetizer - What is the worst movie you've ever seen?

Soup - Name something that reminds you of your childhood.

Salad - If you had to live in a large city, which one would you want it to be?

Main Course - What's a "big word" you like to use to impress people?

Dessert - Describe your hairstyle.



My answers:

Appetizer - Random Hearts. Blech.

Soup - Drinking Pepsi and eating Twix. My grandmother had two refrigerators. Come to think of it, both of my grandmother's did. One of them even had 2 freezers in addition to this. (Needless to say, she wasn't Slim Pickens). Every Sunday after church, we'd go to my mom's parents' house for lunch. No matter what the lunch, she'd always have 2-3 Pepsi bottles in the fridge waiting to be opened. She also kept a stash of Twix bars in the fridge for us kids. Nothing like a cold Twix. Man, that WAS a flashback in time for me.

Salad - Big D or London

Main Course - I don't try to impress people w/ big words. Not my thing.

Dessert - Today it's the "didn't feel like drying it at all" look. Slightly curly, down, probably needs brushing.

So what about you??

posted by Amstaff Mom | 11:05 AM




10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appetizer - Ice Pirates or Closer. I walked out of Ice Pirates and left the room for Closer.

Soup - Oddly enough cigar and pipe smoke. Grnadfather smoked a cigar and I smelled pipe smoke at football games. I don't smoke.

Salad - Denver, Atlanta or Nashville

Main Course - I like big words, had a strong vocabulary history in elementary school. One doesn't even come to mind.

Dessert - Caesar cut, getting long so it's starting to get wavy in the humidity. Thinning, and very little grey. Look on my profile.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow girl, thought you might be gone all day.

Appetizer - Wedding Date

Soup - pecan trees (we had some in our backyard and would have bags and bags of pecans year round)

Salad - Washington D.C. in a heartbeart

Main Course - supposiVely (people don't realize this is the ancient pronunciation of this word). Actually I've been using the word fodder a lot lately for no good reason.

Dessert - long, shiny, straight and curled on the ends, easy being the key word

12:25 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Appetizer - Puberty Blues - I was 13 and it was awful

Soup - Catfish. My uncle would come into town and we'd go swimming in the lake and then fish off my dock. There's not much more than catfish in Lake Oswego. We would toss them in the plastic wading pool and it would get all slimy. Ruined one every year and drove my mom crazy.

Salad - I don't want to live anywhere but Portland. Love it!!

Main Course - sarsaparilla

Dessert - Big. Curly, Auburnish, mind of it's own.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I'm here! Just had to go get some P.F. Chang's for lunch. Blogging world has been kinda quiet today. Have you done your guest posting yet? I need to go check...

12:42 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

OK, now I'm jealous. PF Chang's. My favorite. Maybe I can convince my friend we need to go there for dinner tonight.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Cav said...

Appetizer - Closer or Mars Attacks

Soup - screen porches, swing sets, flashlike tag/hide n seek. Pimento cheese sandwiches. Hearing a river run.

Salad - already do - but hmm, Vancouver or Paris.

Main Course - Retardo. doesn't really work.

Dessert - just growing out.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appetizer- Powder. I tried watching it recently and was made fun of. Now I know why.

Soup- Same as you. And they weren't just any old Twix - I don't think they make those any more, do they? That and grass and dirt in between my toes.

Salad- Denver or Dallas. Hence my reason for switching back and forth. I would also looove to live in San Diego but don't know if it counts for this.

Main Course- Don't really use big words. Unless I have to for school. Like, "oh, my sternoclenomastoid is tight today!"

Dessert- Straight, kinda long, and shaggy/choppy. My friend Clint cut it and I love it.

4:28 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

Ok, obviously you guys have never seen Kung Fu Rascals or Avenging Disco Godfather. I would say Kung Fu Rascals wins by a nose. Apparently, my friend and I watched it twice just to prove it didn't beat us, but it must have been very traumatic, because I only remember watching it once.

9:09 AM  
Blogger RR said...

JLR's right about Kung Fu Rascals. When they suggested we watch it again, I almost cried. Really.

9:10 AM  
Blogger steve said...

1. Closer... hands down
2. Change on the floor (grandpa use ta spread it on the floor and then tell me he might have dropped some when changin clothes)
3. Portland
4. Happenstance
5. short spike

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home