Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wednesday's Feast


I didn't post Friday's Feast last Friday, so I figured, what the hay, I'll post it today.

Appetizer
Name something someone has done lately that impressed you.

Soup
Do you have any relaxing rituals? If so, what are they?

Salad
If you could spend the winter season somewhere other than your current location, where would you choose to stay?

Main Course
When was the last time you had dinner out, and what was the name of the restaurant?

Dessert
If you had a boat, what would you name it?



My answers:

Appetizer - My whole Bible Study group impressed me last night. It was the first night that we were supposed to recite our Bible verse, and everyone had learned it and said their verse. Yea!

Soup - It takes no effort for me to relax. Just a chair, bed, floor, anything will do. But my favorite way to relax is: when it's cool outside, in my hammock, with a book.

Salad - Hmmmm. Guatemala is the "Land of the Eternal Spring". Doesn't sound too bad.

Main Course - I ate Sonic on Saturday, but I brought it home. Last dinner out was Friday night. We went to Chili's and I got the Chicken Tacos. Yum.

Dessert - I already had to come up with a pseudonym for my blog, now I have to think of a boat name too? I read an article yesterday about a lady that works for the phone company and she takes care of the phone service for a small island off the East Coast. She named her boat the Busy Signal. Now that's pretty creative.


So, what about you????

posted by Amstaff Mom | 10:13 AM




8 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Appetizer
A friend who walked into a tough situation and was honest and open to let things just happen.

Soup
clearing my mind

Salad
somewhere that actually has a winter season - I LOVE cold weather so I want a real winter

Main Course
Last night, Tin Star, black bean and chicken quesadillas

Dessert
kpinion of course

10:32 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

Appetizer
My nephew when he shared his birthday present with his little sister.
(Okay, that was a hard one. My memory isn't what it used to be.)

Soup
Curling up on the couch with a good, fluffy book.

Salad
Toss-up (get the pun?) between someplace with ski slopes like the Alps or someplace with sun, like Hawaii. But someplace where the weather takes a stand and stays that way for the whole season.

Main Course
Last time I went out to dinner was the beginning of August (don't faint), and I think the place was called Correl, or something like that. I don't remember.

Dessert
I don't think I would ever want to own a boat, so I'm begging off this one.

tmilkx - tea with milk

12:14 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

K-T - Black bean and chicken quesadillas sound heavenly.

The S.S. Kpinion. He he.


Lia - Liked the "toss-up". It's been almost 2 months since you went out to dinner?!?!! Your cooking must be better than mine!

Ewww. Tea with milk. I couldn't even drink it in London when I was freezing cold on top of a double decker bus. But it is good for keeping your hands warm!

gffew - gift for you

12:39 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

ah, pizza, the cure-all for people who don't need gourmet! they even make frozen pizza that you can stick in a toaster oven for 15 minutes and pretend it doesn't feel rubbery.

there are other staples, like tuna, mac-and-cheese. i'm no gourmand, but really, who has money to go out to eat? only if my friends drag me along.

and btw, i like tea with milk. but none of this flavored tea with milk - either plain tea with milk, or flavored tea without. or plain tea without. i'm not soooo picky.

utupjh - i have no idea

12:47 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Do y'all have Chipotle in NYC? Something tells me that you don't, and that you are totally missing out.

I eat several sandwiches from Lenny's when I'm in NYC. Great sandwiches. They're on Central Park West, close to 75th. And Junior's strawberry topped cheesecake in Brooklyn. I'm ready to go to NYC now. Is it getting cooler up there?

1:05 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Appetizer
When my three best girlfriends intervened and got me out of a bad relationship. Thank God for girlfriends.

Soup
I'm still learning how to relax, but when I do, it usually entails a good dinner, a glass of wine, and a good book.

Salad
San Diego. It's always 72 and sunny. You can't beat it! (And that would only be after the first 4 snowfalls here... I love the changing of the seasons. It's just when winter begins to drone on and on that I'm ready to head south...west. :)

Main Course
Last night - Applebees. Always a safe bet.

Dessert
I'm not feeling creative enough to answer this right now. Can I get back to you?

1:30 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Appetizer - My best friend reported his boss to HR for completely screwing him over with his clients. Took guts.

Soup - Pad Thai and a book.

Salad - I'm not a big cold fan so I'd have to say Mexico.

Main - Thai Noon last Friday night. Chinese in from Wu's Open Kitchen on Monday.

Dessert - A boat? That means water, that means pure happiness, that means USS Nirvana.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appetizer: I got my brake pads changed in less than 30 minutes. Both sides. Thanks to the surpassing skills of my bro-in-law.

Soup: Chi, mmm. Add a good album, and I'm in heaven. If I want to de-stress, than a good jog or bike ride.

Salad: Up in Keystone with my buds who are living up there.

Main Course: I dunno, I don't eat out alot. I got some Central Market to-go a few days ago. I think the last restaurant was Gloria's, about 2 weeks ago.

Dessert: No name. I'd just point at it and say, "dat's my boat".

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home