Monday, October 31, 2005

4 Armadillos and a Flat Tire


If you read Eddo's site on Friday, you knew that Brian and I, along with Eddo and Cat were going bike riding on Sunday morning. The air was clean and crisp, the sun was out but not blazing, and the trees were changing colors. It was a beautiful day for a bike ride. So, we wheeled the bikes out of the garage and Eddo took his out of his truck. I had seen his bike before, but you really have to see it a second time to appreciate the height of his seat.


This should give you a little perspective on it.















The bikes were ready for the adventure, but were we?










So we hit the trails, Eddo in the lead, and he didn't start us off at the normal trail, but went down a steep decline. I became Chicken Little and had to walk my bike down. Yes, I was the only one that did so but I'm all about self-preservation. We rode for several miles, I took my place as the caboose, chugging along but enjoying the scenery along the way. We saw a grand total of four armadillos walking along the path. Very appropriate for a Texan Trail. Then, Eddo's bike met it's demise. A flat in the rear tire. We were almost at the "stop and turn around point". So Eddo walked his bike and I switched gears from my usual turtle speed down to a comfortable snail's pace and accompanied him. Brian and Cat rode back to the truck to drive to meet us at the main road, leaving us in their dust. We figured this would be faster than for poor Eddo to have to walk his bike all the way back.




See, it's flat as a pancake. (or panqueque as I like to say it).












You can tell that the tire is flat in this picture as well. It's not impacting the height of the seat by much though.











When we got back from our adventure, we consumed pizza and then Eddo and Cat got ready for his sister's baby shower. I couldn't resist a photo opportunity.










After they came back, Eddo left and Brian, Cat and I went to church where we sat with K-T and played musical chairs. After the service, we went to Panera Bread where we attempted to eat the hardest baguette known to mankind. But then decided it wasn't worth it, but "oh my, this soup is delicious, isn't it?"

It was a very fun day and I enjoyed hanging out with my friends and family!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:08 AM




12 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

WHAT.EVER. i was there Sunday night, and looked for you, and looked for you, and looked for you.

and NONE OF YOU were anywhere to be found. i was miffed.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I looked for you too Jes, b/c K-T said you were going to be sitting near the door b/c you had to leave early. All I saw was a lady in a really tall gold hat.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

That was Jes, in the gold hat. She is such a big hat type of girl.

Jes we let Brian lead the way to seats, so we were on the 3rd row in front of the piano.

Fun pics Jcol and I had a blast with ya'll at panera.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I hope Brian hasn't warped your mind. He gets a little carried away sometimes!! :)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh Jcol, don't worry my mind was warped long long ago. I have so much fun with ya'll. I will just say again that Brian is a VERY LUCKY man to have such a sweet and gentle wife like yourself.

:)

8:25 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

whatever. i didn't see anyone in a tall gold hat.

i was sitting in the back, by the door, just to the left of the sound booth.

i looked for ridiculously shiny hair, but alas, saw none.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Looks like fun!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Julie, my seat is tall because I am so tall - look at me next to Cat, I am a Giant. All I need is a chicken that lays golden eggs and a beanstalk and the fairy tale would be complete.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Lava said...

Sounds like lots of fun!! Got to meet your sister Sunday at the Shower - she's really great!!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww..they are a cute couple. Thanks for the pic:)

1:22 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

AMSTAFF:

Okay, I am sorry to keep doing this to you, but it TOTALLY cracks me up. Say what you will about my maturity level (I know that I deserve it).

Anyway, this was my favorite line from your post:

"We rode for several miles, I took my place as the caboose, chugging along but enjoying the scenery along the way."

Can you guess why?!

My dad is big into clichés, so all I kept thinking of was, "if you are not the lead dog, the scene never changes."

Hehe!

Okay, I'm done (at least for now). :P

3:48 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Lava - Thanks! She IS great!

FIF - I like this picture, I think it turned out pretty well! Must be the coordinating brown walls. :)

Um, thanks Deals. (I think).

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home