Monday, October 10, 2005

Cowboy Steve Comes to Texas


I have so many pictures and videos of this weekend, and I'm going to have to resist the urge to post them all at once. So many great memories and so many things to make me smile. It was truly a great weekend and many thanks to Brian, Eddo, K-T, Jes, Roger, Cat, and Jubal for making it all possible. Y'all are the best!

So, to kick off the weekend, Brian and I met the gang at Joe T. Garcia's for dinner. Unfortunately we had a 45 minute wait, standing up, smelling fajitas grilling the whole time. But soon we were seated and were served our dinner very quickly. It was too dark for any photos at Joe T's, so we'll move right along.

From there, we headed off to Billy Bob's. The World's Largest Honky Tonk. Here's Jubal to welcome us.

We walked around for awhile, and much to our dismay, there was no mechanical bull, and to top it all off, the band of the evening was sub-par, to put it nicely. Basically, this means that the music stank and we didn't get to dance like we had planned. No Cotton-Eyed Joe, no line dancing, not much dancing, period. But, we made the best of the situation and had a good time regardless.










Jubal showed us that Oregonians really can dance. Note K-T's ridiculously shiny hair!

Jes and Roger are in the background.












Eddo is a great dancer, and was even asked to dance twice by a complete stranger! Here he is dancing with his date. Later, he took me and my two left feet out on the dance floor. It was so much fun even though I didn't have a clue what I was doing. Many thanks to Eddo for letting me have a great time dancing!











Here is the Pouty Lips pose once again. Can you see the guns on his shirt? This is Jubal's "Pistoles Grandes" shirt. Infamous around these here parts.












Aren't Roger and Jes just too cute?



















Here's me and my sis, Cat! Yes, Eddo's date is my sister. Too fun!















Here's the rowdy bunch. What great friends I have!






Videos to soon follow!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 5:34 AM




14 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

WOW! Eddie's Dating your SISTER? How cool is that...? And it looks like Steve fit right in with Y'all. Wish I was there.

Looking forward to the videos.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How COOL is that?! Eddo dating your sister.
Looks like a great party!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Isn't it just too fun?

Castpost is having issues this morning so I haven't been able to post the two that I wanted, but I will keep trying!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun pics..
I'm not quite sure how I feel about a picture of me DANCING though..I think seeing it in person was painful enough, no need to re-live that whole situation again. haha.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Pics will be up in just a few minutes....

7:14 AM  
Blogger Cav said...

All you guys are a cute bunch. Good times.

So much fun about Eddie and Cat! Need to go see the videos now.

Be blessed!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

Wow, you do have fun in Texas!

9:52 AM  
Blogger steve said...

I take all teh credit for my dancin skillz... it was "Pistoles Grande" channelin' that Texas funk through my viens

10:44 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ok is it a normal occurence for my mouth to be open in ALL pictures? Really? I guess I was just laughing so much because we were having such a great time.

JCol the photographer, I'm scared to see exactly how many pictures you actually have of this weekend. Between you, Jes, and Steve we could have a picture of every event. Ha ha.

I'm anticipating the other posts.

11:40 AM  
Blogger steve said...

I was eating way too much to take as many photos as I usually do... tough to hold the camera when fried foods abound!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

The problem was that it's almost equal parts pictures and videos as the weekend went on, and so I can only bring so many with me to work at a time. I think I need a 1GB flash drive!

The pics only get better as the weekend goes on. Can't wait to see Jubal's and Jes', because Roger was a shutterbug this weekend!

And no, K-T, your mouth is not open for all the pictures. You should stop by one day this week, we've got your cookie dough, bowl, and poker chips at our house.

11:50 AM  
Blogger steve said...

I just cant wait to see teh picture Jes is going to post of me at Joe T Garcias that you can see my tonsils in...

12:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Fun fun fun! More more more! A. Thoroughly enjoyed the multiple shots of K-T's molars (lol!), and Steve with his "pouty cowboy" bit that he had going on was too stinkin' funny. Good times guys, thanks for sharing! P.S... way to go Eddo!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh.. and the B. was supposed to be in there preceeding my comment about Cowboy Steve. Got a little excited there, sorry! ;)

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home