Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mountaintops


Brian and I were talking over some Spring Creek Barbecue last night. I was telling him how different my life is now than this time last year. How truly blessed I am, and how good life is. I know that our lives reflect highs and lows. Mountains and valleys. There's a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that talks about being up on the mountain and knowing that a valley will come someday, but for now, he will give thanks for being on the mountain. I feel like that's where I am now.

This time last year, I had never been on a mission trip. Now I'm getting ready to go on my third. I didn't know many people at church. Very few in fact. Our church is really large, so unless you get plugged in, you get lost. And I was lost, but now I'm involved with two ministries, and I love it. I recognize people from church when I walk in. I see them when I'm running errands. I love the fellowship.

I had never heard of a blog this time last year. What a change that has brought. I have made so many friends - real, true, friends. Friends that I can talk with online, and sometimes, I even get to hang out with them in person. Godly friends that I can pray for, with, and who pray for me. I've even gotten to know myself better. You know what I mean!

Brian and I are closer than ever, what a wonderful thing it is for your spouse to be your best friend. We were in a different house, in a different "place". Our focus has now shifted to maybe having the two of us become three or more someday. So we moved, are working to pay off his truck, to prepare for the possible future of children.

Physically, I'm getting into better shape than I was last year. This is a scary thing, since I'm not that in shape this year, but I am working on it, and will keep perservering.

My sister was living in Colorado last year. Now, she's back in Texas where I get to talk to her more often and see her much more often. We're in the same neighborhood as Brian's family. What a good thing!

Spiritually, emotionally, physically. I am so blessed. God is so very good. Through the mountains and valleys. I sure do love the mountains though!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 8:46 AM




9 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Glad you're on the mountaintop and I hope God keeps you there for quite a while.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You are very blessed! Thank you for sharing this: I love the mountaintops too: I'm currently on the uphill climb, sister, so hopefully I'll see you there soon!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Cool.

A lot of growth. Great to see!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Yes, thank God for those times when we are on top of the world, the valley's help us to appreciate the mountain tops even more.

We are happy to be your new blogger and in person friends!

Now where has Jes been the last couple of days?

11:34 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

On behalf of Jes I will answer Eddos question:

She's been paralegaling her butt off.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

The mountain tops help us survive the valleys. Thank God for them.. Love to hear the great things happening in your life.! Keep it up!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Paralegaling your butt off sounds really dangerous.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

it is but Jes is a professional

1:44 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I would have to say my life continually gets better every year, it has its mountain tops and valleys, but thru it all I have learned to trust in Jesus and He continues to sustain me.

And yes, you met Joseph, you haven't really gotten to know him yet, his personality is so much like Eddo. He is hoping to meet a christian girl that will grow with him in his Christian walk, so if you know anyone around 18 to 21, holler. lol! Really he is so excited about life right now, says he is happier than he's ever been in his life. Christ has a way of doing that to you, huh?

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home