Thursday, October 27, 2005

Would a Sewer by Any Other Name Smell as Bad?


We're having sewer "issues" in my building today. So why is it that the bathrooms themselves don't smell, but the hallways outside them do? phew! They've been working on it all morning, and they're making progress, but every once in a while I get a whiff. phew!

Life is good these days, but it's also busy. Did I mention that I'm going on a mission trip in a couple of weeks? And that Bianca and Eddo are going as well? How cool will that be? Please begin praying for us, and the people that we will minister too. Pray for effectiveness of sharing the love of Christ and the gospel. And for safe travels too, and for the travel planner (ME!), as I'm feeling the responsibility! But I do enjoy it, and it's going to be a great trip. But I covet your prayers please!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 9:33 AM




13 Comments:

Blogger Lia said...

Uh, oh. Stinky hallways. It's that time of year. Don't forget - Halloween is in only four days. That means that everything starts to smell rotten . . .

9:42 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

I think it is funny how you started the two paragraphs in your post:

Paragraph #1 – “We're having sewer "issues" in my building today.”

Paragraph #2 – “Life is good these days...”

All together now:

“We're having sewer ‘issues’ in my building today. Life is good these days…”!

Haha! :P

9:57 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

you better take that camera to NYC and come back with a picture-post for us!!!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Like that was ever in question Jessica.

JCol, I know all your work planning and organizing is GREATLY appreciated. I'm praying for that and for the trip.

Sorry about the stinky hallways. YUCK.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I thought about how I was posting about two unrelated topics, but it was simpler that way, so that's how it turned out!

Jes, no worries, I was just thinking of how I needed to make sure that my memory is all clear on my camera, and I need to take the backup one, and my battery charger. I will be taking lots of pics ( I hope!)

Thank you K-T. You are always such an encouragement to me!

10:23 AM  
Blogger steve said...

where?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Jubal - New York City

12:48 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You, Eddo and the rest of the team members are in my prayers, Amstaff!

Sorry about the stank-ness in your office!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks Steph! As of today, there's 23 of us going. Lots of prayer needed!

And the office is both Stank and Rank!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Lava said...

Oh No!! I hate sewer smell!! (who doesn't - right?)

I will pray for your trip - sounds like it'll be fun!!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I am praying! Joseph is asking if there is anything he needs to know or do, could you relate it to Eddo, so I can let him know.

My prayers are with all of you!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Dana,

I sent you an email yesterday. Please let me know if you didn't receive it. We have a meeting at my house next Sat. Hope he can come!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Yes! We are going and I am soooo excited and nervous a bit too! I always get a bit nervous when I travel, like somehow I am going to end up on the wrong plane or my luggage is going to get lost.

But it is ALWAYS worth it, I love to Travel! I love new places! I love ministry!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home