Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Blessings All Mine, With 10,000 Beside


I love the hymn Great Is Thy Faithfulness. So many great stanzas, and Thanksgiving is a great time to reflect on the faithfulness of God and His many blessings. I enjoyed a great Thanksgiving weekend, and enjoyed the 4 day break from work. So here's a recap of my weekend...

Thursday I awoke early for the 8 mile Turkey Trot. I didn't know what to expect, and I was kinda nervous. I knew I needed to have a quick pace, and I kept telling myself to push on. I walked for a min. every 10-20 minutes, and walked up hills, but other than that, I was jogging at a good pace. I was way ahead of my goal, and was thrilled to see Cat waiting for me near the finish line to cheer me on to the end. After crossing the finish line, I saw Cat and Eddo coming up the hill and the three of us crossed the finish line together, at a full sprint. Although my idea of a full sprint is dramatically different than theirs. I headed home after the race and got ready to go to my in-laws for some eats and fellowship. They didn't let me down, as the cheese tray along with a plethora of pickles awaited me. We feasted for what seemed like hours, and the girls talked while the boys played games and wrestled around.

Friday morning I prepared vittles for the Thanksgiving lunch my parents, sis, Brian, and Eddo. After consuming a vast amount of calories, we broke out Catch Phrase and Wahoo. Catch Phrase brought many laughs, with Brian, Eddo and my mom being on one team, and my dad, Cat, and myself on the other.
Wahoo is equal parts luck and strategy, and here Brian and I contemplate our next move.













Cat prepares to take her opponent out. Somebody's little Indian is about to be SCALPED!











Rule #1: Never pass up a photo op.













Saturday, Brian and I did stuff around the house and I tried to figure out my sewing machine. I've been wanting to sew a rag quilt for months, and finally got the sewing machine out of the box. I read the manual backwards and forwards, but I still don't have the hang of it. I need Sewing 101 in a desperate way.

Sunday, Cat came over and she, Abs and I lazed around in the hammock. It was a beautiful fall day. I had taken some pictures on Saturday of the field behind our house. I LOVE fall.

The sun was starting to set and was accenting the red in the trees. Beautimous.











Sunday evening, we went to church and it was great to be sitting with friends and family. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, and then played a game of Wahoo, which Brian and I unfortunately, lost.

It was a great weekend. SO much to be thankful for.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:06 AM




9 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

Yeah! Good post and good times! I weighed this morning and I had lost a pound! Can you believe that? I mean, I thought I would have gained at least 5 pounds over those 4 days, but I guess the running and biking and swimming helped more than I realized! This week I have already started eating much better - sort of. ;)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

fun recap and of course always better with pics

mrtop - Mr. Top, Mr. Potato Head's arch enemy

8:59 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I love that song... gotta love hymns.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Great pics Amstaff! Looks like you had a great time!

Those are some good-lookin people in that second to last pic by the way! :)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

Is that your backyard? I'm jealous!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

What a fun-filled weekend Amstaff! Makes me want to visit Texas just to hang out with you guys. Such fun group! :)

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun times...

heh-heh-heh. Mom, Jeff, and Eddie on the same team. Let's make this as awkward as we can, shall we, boys? :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

My favorite is the one that goes

"Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,

Sun, moon and stars in their courses above

Join with all nature in manifold witness

To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love."

Awesome on the Turkey Trot. You have such a passion for the lost, for your family, and for living life. It makes me glad to know you!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Lava said...

Sounds like a great weekend! and ya'll are all so cute!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home