Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Great Outdoors


On Sunday, Brian, Cat and I went for a bike ride. It was a beautiful fall day, a nice breeze in the air, and the leaves falling on the trail. As is normally the case, they were ahead of me the entire trail.











The sun was peaking through the trees, and was just warm enough. BEAUTIFUL day.

There were even some timid little forest creatures along the way.

Hi Cat!













Look at him run! This field had three armadillos grazing (?) in it, and so I was all excited and wanted to take their picture. All I got was a picture of them fleeing because my husband rode out in the field on his bike hollering like he was in an Armadillo Roundup or something. Grrrr. So all I got was a picture of a terrified armadillo.

This one wasn't scared of Cat though, and it was just a little baby. too cute!

Ah, Fall. Greens, Yellows, Reds, and 75 degrees.

How I love Texas!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:19 AM




11 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Ha ha ha, I can just picture Brian riding out into the field hollerin like a crazy man.

You are so the normal one in that relationship.

Fun Pics.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

HI Cat! Hi Jennifer!

Sounds like a fun ride - I loved seeing all the Dillo's running around the weekend before.

7:35 AM  
Blogger steve said...

I am soooo mad no one showed me Armadillos while i was in Texas. It looks like they are everywhere. I want to roundup armadillos

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Brian is a riot! Armadillo Round up!

Cat is cute as can be!

I didn't know they had fall foliage in Texas! WHO KNEW!!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wait JCol when do you leave? Tomorrow, Friday?

12:26 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

He so was hollerin like a crazy man, and they fled to the forest and into their little armadillo holes. I have a picture of the armadillo home, but forgot to post it.

We almost leave on Thursday! We meet up at the parking lot at church at 5am. 5 AM!!! As if I'm going to be sleeping very much. I'M SO EXCITED!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Have sssooooooooo much fun Amstaff!

12:58 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

um, yeah. greens, yellows, reds? where i live, just 30 minutes south of you, it is greens and browns. straight from green to brown. no in-between. therefore, i do not believe you. i think you're making it up.

i do, however, like the 75 degrees.

STEVE: i guess this just means that you'll have to come back to Texas!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. CLASSIC. Brian riding out onto the field hollering was hilarious. That field was covered in armadillo holes!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

He should get a reality show, "The Armadillo Hunter." It could work. Scruffy guy, with a funny accent (adopt one if you don't already have it) dresses in overgrown Boy Scout uniform and prances through the fields in search of 'dillos. It could work. You should start calling Animal Planet right now.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Sounds like yall had a great bike ride. i heard about the week before!!!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home