Thursday, November 10, 2005

Have Suitcase and Backpack, Will Travel


Well, tomorrow is the day! I figured I need to stop for a moment and fill you in on the goings on of the Amstaff Mom. And more specifically, to ask for prayer. I am leaving in the wee hours of the morning to go on my 3rd mission trip to NYC. I am having feelings of overwhelming excitement, nervousness, responsibility, and awe. All mixed up into one 5'3" body. I so covet your prayers, and ask specifically for prayers for the following things...

1. Travel. Alot can happen when 24 people travel together, and even though I shouldn't, I am feeling the pressure of having the responsibility of making it all happen. I love to travel, I really do, and I love the planning of it, but it's been a learning experience doing group travel instead of travel for 2 or 4. But here we go! Ready or not NYC, here we all come!

2. Health, and Sleep. The trip is an exciting time, and a bonding time, which of course always involves late nights of chatting and getting to know each other and the streets of NYC. But normally I'm completely exhausted when we come back, and last time I got pretty sick. Pray for health for the team for the entire trip, and that I will be able to sleep well tonight, which I normally don't before a trip. (too excited to sleep!)

3. The people we will minister to at the church, on the subways, and the streets of NYC. We will be fixing up a church that provides shelter, meals, and love to those that don't normally receive it. These are amazing people and we are truly blessed to be able to serve them. Many of the members of the group will be sharing the Gospel with the people of NYC. Others will be providing coats to children in the Bronx. Please pray for opportunities and open hearts.

4. The group as a whole. Lives are always changed on a trip like this. Either ours or the people we are privileged to help, or both. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will work in the lives of the people willing to give 4 days of their time to serve.

I thank you so much for your prayers. Y'all are truly my friends, and I'm so excited that I get to travel with fellow bloggers Eddo and Bianca. What an amazing time it will be. I'll be back in the blog world on Tuesday!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 7:26 AM




14 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

How exciting! And what a quick trip, too!

Bless you all, and you know I'm already praying for you!

**hugs**

8:43 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I hope you have an incredible journey with lots of love, laughter and adventure.

Be safe and may everything fall into line just as you need it.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

You know i will be praying for you sweet friend.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Prayers just went up J! Blessings to you and your team members, and I pray that hearts will be ministered to, and lives be blessed during this time!

1:27 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Have a good trip. You will have my prayers

2:19 PM  
Blogger Lava said...

I'm excited for you! Will definitely keep you all in prayer! Have Fun!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Have fun and be safe!!!

3:10 PM  
Blogger RR said...

While you're there, wave for me in the general direction of the upper West side. That's where my friend Hils lives. Thanks!

May you have a blessed trip!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

well you are all in New York City, I will continue to pray for you and for your safe return, hope you watched out for my boys!!!

2:44 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Night, Night! I am off to bed, I wondered, if maybe, just maybe you had posted something!!

Good Times, can't wait to see the pics with comments and to hear your version of the trip.

Big Hugs!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

She's back. She's back. And yet for some reason she hasn't posted.

Where is the play by play, where are the pictures. Where oh where is my JCol?

7:36 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I was sleeping at 9:30. Brian tried to get me to surface at 9, but I resisted until 10:30. :)

I have around 300 pictures!!! I will be pacing myself. Cat and I did look at them last night, but I was not awake enough to post!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

i didn't get a chance to see this until today and I am assuming you are back today! I hope that your trip went well... can't wait to hear about it

1:43 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

I did my best on the weather, although it wasn't perfect. ;-)

Hope you enjoyed your trip!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home