Monday, November 21, 2005

My Buddies and Me


Augh, I did it to myself! Now I'm going to have that commercial tune from that I used to hear as a kiddo. My Buddy, My Buddy. My Buddy and Me like to climb up a tree, My Buddy and Meeee. Sorry folks, I hope you don't recognize the tune.

Now, continuing on with my NYC posts, today's blog will feature two fellas that I met through blogging and blogger families. Eddo and Joseph. The other day, I went through Eddo's archives and found my very first blogger comment, on April 4th. Fast forward 7 months later, and I've now met his parents, one of his sisters, traveled to NYC with him, and he's dating my sister! His mom blogs as well, and now we've talked on email, on the phone, and in person. Joseph lives with Eddo's parents, and so he was interested in the trip as well, and was able to go! It was such a blessing to have these guys on the trip, and it's wonderful to think of the lives that were changed because they went. So, here's memories of the trip, in picture form.

Joseph looks scared of Eddie in this picture. That or he's doing a squirrel imitation. He needs to be included in our next Cranium game!













This is about how short I feel next to Eddie. Well, maybe not QUITE that short, but vertically-challenged to say the least.

















Eddo was brave enough to defend his faith with the guys on the street that were spreading a message of hate. Go Eddo!










And he whistles while he works. La-ti-da-da-da-da-daaaaa.



















Give these guys some dill pickles and they're your best friend.













Here they are on the Brooklyn Bridge with George.











I'm quaking in my boots!













Here's Eddo's reaction to being separated from Joseph.













All he needs is an audience of one, and Eddo will dance, dance, dance!













We're at a diner in Brooklyn. Joseph and I got our food before Eddo did, and so he had to wait on his gyro. So he sang out, "I need a Gy-ro" to the tune of "I need a hero". It was really funny.
I just can't remember the verses.









This is exactly why he sometimes frightens young children.












Eddo and Joseph consumed a vast amount of
Chinese food. And then were tuckered out.














Eddo was "trying to make himself look tall" in this photo. Um, I think he was successful. But only slightly.











Don't let their apparent pensiveness fool you. These are wild and crazy guys.











See what I mean?




















All in all, these guys make great friends.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 8:01 AM




8 Comments:

Blogger Eddo said...

Awww... that was too sweet! Thanks for the fun times, you make a great friend too!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

The pictures are great. I have had that stupid jingle in my head for the last hour!!!! And once that starts then I move to mun-chi-chi mun-chi-chi, Oh so soft and cuddlely...

I have a feeling today is going to be a 80's jingle flashback kinda day.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

fun and cute

3:06 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

oh, i love the pics!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Thanks for the Buddy Song. Grrrr.

great pics

8:02 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

lol! these pics are too much. Joseph reminds me so much of Eddo. At home, we will be in bed and I can hear him laughing in the living room like Eddo used to when he was home.

thanks and I am going to let Joseph know about the potluck. Pray for him, he is leaving for San Antonio tomorrow and he is hoping to witness to his family and win some of them to Christ.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

I have the My Buddy song running through my head now. I wonder how long it will last. Luckily for you, I'm too tired to care.

I love the Atlas picture. Also the King Kong one - where was that taken?

6:27 AM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Geez Eddo you're like the Jolly Green Giant!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home