Wednesday, November 16, 2005

New York, New Yooooooork


Wow. Did I really just spend the weekend in NYC? Did I spend it with 23 fellow Texans, 2 of which I met through blogging? It already seems so surreal. But, I have photos to prove it. 273 to be exact. Oh how I love my digital camera. I've even got a few short videos that might make it later in the week. :)

On my last post, I had asked for prayer that I would be able to sleep well in preparation for the big day. No worries there, I was supposed to wake up at 4 am, and woke up at 4:38 in a mad frenzy. And Joseph and Eddo were depending on me to wake them up! But we made it before quite a few people, which was both good and bad. Good, because the whole group wasn't waiting on us. Bad, because by the time we waited for everyone, we were 10 minutes too late at the airport for us to check in. So 14 members of the group had to wait about 3 hours for another flight. But we made it to NYC and hopped in taxis for the trip over to Manhattan.

Eddo already knew some of the people on the trip, and others he met for the first time, but he seemed to quickly get to know everyone, and even decided to swap shoes with one of the other guys. It didn't work out to well, as there was a slight difference in shoe size, but details, schmetails.







After arriving at the guesthouse, and dropping our luggage off, we headed to Lenny's, the fabulous deli were all things good are served. Oh what I would do for a sandwich from there right now. Sigh. We even saw Keri Russell eating her lunch there. Celebrity sighting! I decided not to be all paparazzi on her though and so no picture to show. But here's the deli! "I'll have the Chicavo please!"






We have worked at this church the last few times that our group traveled to NYC. It was great to be able to see the people that work at the the church once again. This is Ralphie. He used to be a "Break Your Legs" guy, but he's turned his life around and is a great guy. I had mailed him a picture that was taken the last time of him, George, and myself and he proudly showed me where he had it hung. So sweet. Eddo was helping him with the internet and also answered the church phone.



This is George, I met him on the last trip, and he celebrated being 6 months clean from drugs on Sunday. He serves as our NYC tour guide and takes us all over the place. Really neat guy that needs our prayers.









We did ALOT of subway riding and a whole lotta walking. A train, C train, 4 train, 1 train, everywhere a train, train.










Riding on the subway with my buddies!















Hold on with BOTH hands Eddo! He learned his lesson the hard way later. As did I, when together, we almost caused Death by Texans to be incurred on a poor, unsuspecting New Yorker. I would pay money for that video. And watch it in slow motion, much like we did on Thursday night when we watched Rafe fall in the water head first. Did anybody else see that? Oh my goodness, Brian, Cat, Eddo and I were laughing SO hard at it and kept replaying it. TOO FUNNY!












I'll probably stop here for now. I'm not even through the first day, but I've got to pace myself. The memories are flooding and I wish I could still be there!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 8:17 AM




9 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

what, you're stopping, but I'm invested, I'm impatient, JCOL you must post more NOW.

Ok, I'll wait, if only becasue I know it will be worth the wait.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

It sounds like you had a great trip, but I'll only know for sure if I hear more about it. I think it would have been interesting to see you on the train-train, but I probably would have recognized you from all the pics, and I didn't see anyone who looked like you. Oh, well.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yay! JCol, I just love that you're a picture fanatic: you always do such a good job of capturing the moments and doing them so much justice with your photographic artistry! lol Thanks for sharing your memories! I look forward to much much more!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. The survivor episode with Rafe. I started laughing at the mere mention of it. *maybe if I turn my head a little this way I can avoid the water.....nope*

8:59 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Awesome Pictures! Joseph was so tired when he got home, he called in the next day. He had a wonderful time!, and lots of stories to tell.

One thing he told me is you and Eddo are just alike, he was amazed at how you two could talk. lol!!

3:11 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

i see luke in the background at Lenny's! and oh my goodness, he's wearing more clothes than i've ever seen on him before!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jessica - all you can see is Luker's head, he may be sporting the offical "Luker outfit" of tank top and shorts for all you know. And that is why I always smile when I see luker.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Yeah! Great post and so may pictures, I can't get them all done like I had planned this morning!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

The time was such a blessing to you, wasn't it?

I always feel that when I follow Him and do something to serve others, I am the one blessed.

**hugs**

You're such a sweet lady.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home