Friday, December 23, 2005

And a Partridge in a Pear Glace' ; My Christmas Wish For You


Christmas, Part I:

I've got lots of stuff to do this weekend as Christmas kicks into full gear for us, beginning tonight. I have wrapped NO PRESENTS. NONE. NADA. ZIPPO. And the kiddos will be opening their gifts in less than 12 hours. I need to clean house in anticipation of 15+ relatives coming over Christmas on Sunday. I need to get various items at Target, and, in no particular order, here are the items that need to get cranked out of my kitchen this weekend:

1. Sausage Balls
2. Snickerdoodles
3. Chili-cheese dip and chips
4. Chocolate Praline Pie
5. Corn (plain for the kids and "boys")
6. Green beans (")
7. Corn spoonbread (like corn casserole but creamer)
8. Hot cider
9. Pecan Pie
10. Whipped Cream
11. Corn casserole
12. Rolls (I bought 96 and plan on baking all of them)

Thankfully I'm not responsible for the ham, turkey and pork chops!!!

I really, really enjoy baking and cooking, when I have time. I just hope I have time for all of it, but thankfully, it's spread out over three days so I should be in good shape. Well, after eating all that there's no possible way I'LL be in good shape, but you know what I mean.

Christmas, Part II:

I get off work earlier today than the fellas, and so I drove to work by myself for the first time in a long time. Since I'm normally the first dropped off in the family carpool, I normally only drive about twice a week and that's normally in our hometown. So I was able to enjoy cranking up my newest Third Day CD this morning and sing my little lungs out, and shed some tears along the way. My favorite track is number 3, and when I listened to it a second time, it became my Christmas wish for each of you. Many of you have had difficulties and hard times this year, and especially recently. So many are hurting and are crushed in spirit. Some that I know about, and others that I don't. So please remember - that two thousand and five years ago, a baby was born. The One that is eternal came to earth as a baby, to be born in a manger, to grow up to die on a cross for one reason. Love. An earth-shattering, undescribable love that we can't even begin to fathom. And we beg "to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ". I just wanted to share these words of comfort to you for Christmas.

To everyone who's lost someone they love
Long before it was their time
You feel like the days you had were not enough
When you said goodbye

And to all of the people with burdens and pains
Keeping you back from your life
You believe that there's nothing and there is no one
Who can make it right

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus
Cry out to Jesus

For the marriage that's struggling just to hang on
They've lost all of their faith in love
They've done all they can to make it right again
Still it's not enough

For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains
You try to give up but you come back again
Just remember that you're not alone in your shame
And your suffering

When you're lonely
And it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out
You just cry out to Jesus
Cry to Jesus

To the widow who suffers from being alone
Wiping the tears from her eyes
For the children around the world without a home
Say a prayer tonight

There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus
Cry out to Jesus


I hope each of you have a very Merry Christmas and that you remember the true meaning of Christmas. "For unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord".


Merry Christmas, my blogger friends.

The Amstaff Mom

posted by Amstaff Mom | 5:25 AM




15 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

i love that song. it makes me tear up every time. every time.

and you have such a sweet heart. thank you for your Christmas wish and i pray for you a blessed holiday with lots of food (apparently!), family, and fellowship. :)

7:57 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thank you Amanda Sue, and Merry Christmas to you too!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

That's wonderful! Thanks AM.

I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night - you will be there won't you?!?!!

I thought I was going to get to say hi last night, but you were already gone! Grr!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Yeah, we didn't go home before dinner, but I will see you tomorrow Eddo!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. It made me cry. Thankyou.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow! that was beautiful! thanks, good to have you back, hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! I will give Joseph your Christmas wish.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle said...

I'm not sure how, but your blog slipped off my radar scope. I feel like I've missed out on so much!

Merry Christmas

8:30 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hey sweet JCol, have fun baking in your PJs (or jammies if you so wish to call them that).

I LOVE that song and yes I have cranked it loud and proud in my car and sung my little off tune heart out to it, and cried many a tears with those words. You are such a precious and loving girl and I am so thankful that God, though His amazing will and grace, gave your friendship to me.

I pray for a wonderful relaxing Christmas for you and know that you are always in my heart and prayers.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, JCOL!!

Merry Christmas to you!
Merry Christmas to you!
Merry Christmas dear JCOL,
Merry Christmas to you!


(FYI: Gypsy Kitty and "Frankie" went to bed early tonight. They are both eagerly awaiting a visit from "Santa Paws". So cute! I hope your AMSTAFF gets a lot of toys that go "squeak" in her stocking, too!)

9:12 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you for the kind words and wishes Faith, Greg, K-T and Deals!

And yes, my Amstaff's stocking is hung and has a bone in it just waiting for her tomorrow.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

and Tracey and Dana too!

Sorry, it's late and I skipped right over your names!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

Part II particularly spoke to me. The last few Christmases have been fairly difficult for me and so your post has challenged me and given me hope. Thank you. *hug*

12:21 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Wait - what is a pear glace again? How do you pronounce bichon frise?

5:29 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

You're very welcome, Joy.


Oh Eddo, you are crazy. CRAZY!

11:40 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

Merry christmas to you as well

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home