Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Back to Life, Back to Reality


Ha! Now you have that little diddy in your head, right? Well, I'm back from vacation, back from bliss,with only memories and photos and small souvenirs to remind me of the fun times with my hubby in the land of paradise. It was truly a marvelous vacation. Filled with adventure, relaxation, and fun-filled days. We had a couple of days at sea, where I was able to read a novel, watch the hubby play basketball and volleyball, and watch the same movies over and over and over again. Oh, and not forgetting an occasional workout to combat the vast amounts of rich, decadent food that I consumed. Two desserts a night, my friends TWO desserts. After eating an appetizer, soup, salad, bread, main course and then a cup of coffee. Ugh, no wonder I feel slighted by my cup of ramen noodles today.

Of course I took numerous photos of the beauty of the Caribbean to perserve the memories and to share with you, my blogger friends. I will share some today with you and know that I weep with sorrow that I'm not there to take more. Sigh. But Christmas is coming, and is right around the corner, so I anticipate it with delight!

Now, back to our show. Here's our beautiful ship. All 13 stories of her. Nice, eh?















Hubby and I enjoy a beautiful sunset. Obviously I'm taking the picture.













I absolutely LOVE sunsets, which is why I took so many pictures of them, but really, isn't this just amazing? Man, I wish I was back at sea right now.











We spent a few extra bucks the first night on the ship in order to eat at a steakhouse. It was bar none the best steak I have ever tasted. Black Angus Filet Mignon is the way to go! Cooked to perfection it was. That must have been one happy cow.










Mints on the pillow, nightly turn-down service and a towel animal. I could get SO used to that. We had a great room steward. I went to a class on how to make the towel animals. Hopefully they will be identifiable!










More photos to come later on in the week. Back to work for me!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 10:13 AM




8 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh I can't wait for the rest of the pictures! You guys look great, and the sunsets are gorgeous! I need to take my next real vacation in the tropics. Hawaii, here I come!!!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

I am soooooo jealous! The sunset looks stunning. Glad you had fun!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I already saw these, but they were fun to see again!

Good times, we all missed you!

3:41 PM  
Blogger steve said...

HA HA MUST HAVE BEEN ONE HAPPY COW!!!

That was funny!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Nice try Eddie... I'm not falling for it.


Okay, I am just kidding....
I believe it was you Jcol...

I like the first picture of you and Brian.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

You two are positively adorable.

God bless you and Merry Christmas!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

am - you guys are too cute! looks like you had a great, relaxing time. i am a WEEEEEEEE bit jealous, but that is not becoming on me, so i will try to keep it under control. :)

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you guy!!!!!!!!!!!
luistorresrj@yahoo.com.br

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home