Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Merry Amstaff Christmas


Well, another Christmas has come and gone, but not without enjoying friends and family, the celebration of gifts and the addition of 5 pounds in places it shouldn't be. But it was a very Merry Christmas indeed, and the celebration began on Friday and lasted all weekend. Friday was spent with Brian's family. Saturday,Brian spent the evening with his family and I spent the evening going to the candlelight service at my parent's church, and then went to my aunt and uncle's afterwards for eats and fellowship. Sunday, my parents and Cat came over around 2 and the rest of the family came over around 5pm. Games were played, food was consumed and fun was had by all.

Here are some pictures to recap the weekend.


Here's Cat and Eddo at my aunt and uncle's. In their non-Christmas attire. Humbug!



















Oh Christmas Tree,
Oh Christmas Tree,
Oh How I love thee
Pre-lit Christmas Tree.

















We don't have a fireplace, so here's my "mantle".
Notice Abby's stocking has a present inside. She got all excited when I took her stocking down.












She got a smoked bone for Christmas and feasted on it heartily.











My little Reindeer.

Rudolph ain't got nothin' on her.




















Jolly ol' St. Me.

And yes, I did wear this all day on Christmas, much to my hubby's chagrin.
















Three generations. A Very Merry Christmas, indeed.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 7:16 AM




18 Comments:

Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

only on occasion. Not too terribly often, but they sneak in the zingers every once in awhile.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

JCol - love the outfit, you are a festive gal. hahahahaha, I can hear Brian's comments and I am shooting him a look for them. You look cute and very JColish.

Merry Christmas a few days late, but i think I caught you early also, so it is a merry Christmas wishes sandwich.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I looked very JColish? I looked like myself? I'm confused!

But I really like that I had a Merry Christmas wishes sandwich from you. We're still on for Friday, yesh?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

oh yes, now we just have to figure out which flick we're going to partake of for hours on end. Oh and I'll bring the popcorn and m&ms, oh wait you don't like either of those, maybe I'll bring oatmeal cookies too.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Okay...hold on! I was shocked at the "no chocolate" thing, but now no popcorn?! Oh, my!

Popcorn is one of my favorite foods, not to mention favorite smells. Especially, movie theater popcorn (but without the movie theater "butter". I don't like it too greasy).

Anyway, I can't say that I'm not a little alarmed. I feel as though you have cut two major food groups out of your diet: chocolate and popcorn. I mean, really! Your health could be a stake, here!! Maybe you should reconsider…?!

;)

12:42 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Deals,

I'm good for about 5 kernels, and then I'm over my popcorn limit. Popcorn is like coffee. It smells better than it tastes. I'm not much of a "snacker". Just give me real food and I'm content.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

ok so I'll bring popcorn, m&ms and Dr. pepper for little of junk food addict me, and for you I'll bring a salad, chicken breast, veggies, and oatmeal raisin cookies

1:13 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

K-T, I said REAL food. Not healthy food. I may not like popcorn and chocolate, but I'm not quite the health nut you make me out to be. At least lately! Although I desperately need to get back to it. and soon! (but not Friday)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

ok so define "real"

pizza?

1:56 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

yes, pizza counts, as does nachos, tacos, etc.,etc.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

I especially like the fireplace. When in need, improvise!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

you are kidding right? Did you really wear that all day Christmas? I know it must've been really comfy to do that, but it doesn't look that comfy!!!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

you look like your mother!

3:13 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks Lia!

Dana, yes, I did wear it, but it's just an apron, so it's not uncomfortable. And the hat wasn't itchy or anything.

AS, sometimes I think I look more like my dad, and sometimes I think I look more like my mom. It's pretty much a photo finish.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Very fun! Love the pics!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Love the pictures, Abby is so cute, I want to just squeeze her in those reindeer antlers!

And you look cute in your santa outfit - you and Cat are definitely opposites in that department, I could never see her in that! lol.

And a smoked bone for Christmas - spoiled that girl is! And suddenly I am hungry for barbecue.

And why are my eyes so squinty in these pictures? I have got to start opening my eyes!
Happy New Year!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Eddo, if you must know, when Cat walked in and saw me in my apron and hat and began pointing and laughing. Not little snickers, but Ha Ha HA's. Not nice at all. Hmph!!!

And yes, Abby was a little cutie as a reindeer. She has definitely earned her bone, no lumps of coal for her.

I look squinty in the picture of me, Momma and Grandma. I already try to remember to hold my gut in, now I've got to remember to open my eyes too!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Jolly ol' St. Me...

lol.

Love it.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year my friend.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home