Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back in the Swing of Things


It sure has been nice having time off and enjoying the holidays. I've had a great time with family and friends and it was a great start of a new year. It has been rather difficult getting started back in the old work routine this morning, and I can see that I'm not alone in my misery. Many of my co-workers and even my bosses are bemoaning coming back. But, we must pay off the Christmas bills, so here we are.

I simply must, MUST get back to my exercise routine as well. I have been exceedingly lazy as of late, and it shows. Between the cruise and the holidays, and the gi-normous cheese pizza that K-T and I shared on Friday, I've gained more than my fair share of "fluff". Yesterday, some of our friends invited us to go bike-riding with them on our usual trail. It was a beautiful day, kinda breezy, and the sun was shining through the trees. As the 6 of us pedaled along, we heard the usual scurring noise of armadillos, but then WAIT! what's that?!! Right there on the path were two white-tailed deer. We really REALLY came close to having a 6-bike pile-up, as we all were staring at the deer and not noticing that the first guy had actually stopped to see the deer. It could have been ugly. They were oh so cute and while they jumped off the path, they made little effort to conceal themselves entirely, and were even still there on our way back. I love that I live in a city of over 100,000, but I can drive 6 miles and see white-tailed deer. How nice is that? I like it, I like it alot.

Doing 10 miles on the bike yesterday was definitely a start, but I need to keep it up. I was doing good when I was training for the Turkey Trot, but I'm needing a new goal to keep myself motivated. Although, I got a free MP3 player with my Turbo Tax purchase, and so I have a little toy to help me out. It's kinda cheapy, and it holds 60 songs instead of the 100,000,000 that some hold (well, that might be pushing it) but it's free, and it's 60 more songs than I had this time last week. I'm going to give it a try today as I jog around.

So welcome back to the game of life my blogger friends. Even on this pseudo-Monday.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 7:37 AM




6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh my dear Amstaff mom, life will get easier as we all (hesitantly) ease our way back into the grueling forty hour work week. Boo!

But look on the bright side: at least we can all start keeping up with one another's blogs again! That's a bright side, right? lol

Happy pseudo-Monday to you my friend!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I started my diet yesterday. NEVER IN MY LIFE - NUNCA IN MI VIDA - have I dieted where I actually counted calories, this year, I am doing South Beach and counting calories. I also did 1 hour of Yoga yesterday and ran for 2 miles. I wanted to run more, but I was too busy and my stomach started cramping - I think from dehydration - Yoga really makes me sweat. Wait, everything makes me sweat, I am sweating right now as I type this!

I am a little worn out from last month though, my head is still spinning.

I started to look at my calendar and I am sort of free this week, but next week I am busy every single night of the week! Ugh!
That combined with diet and excercise is going to make for a very busy start for 2006, but it should be a fun ride!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

so not to make you jealous, but I still have another week off, the problem is that I am BORED. That is B.O.R.E.D. so I almost wish I was back at work. And that my friend, is what we like to call SAD.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks Steph!!

Way to go Eddo. Yeah, I'm a "sweater" too, as I'm sure you've seen from the Trot and bike-riding. Way to go on your diet though!

K-T, I will remind you of this next week.

12:26 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Happy NEw Year!!

Did Eric just say "gargling"?

as a hobby?


Texans....

3:48 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Oh yes, I am with you, exercise routine is on the priority list this year. Off to the Marina every morning!!!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home