Thursday, January 05, 2006

Substitute


Well, I'm not too terribly sore, although I did moan and groan a bit when I cuddled with Abby in her crate this morning. I'll probably go back to yoga tomorrow for a final dose this week. I'm just going to give myself a one-day recoup.

I'm filling in for someone today and so I'm not at my usual workstation. It's always so different to sit at someone else's desk and live in their world for the day. Today has had it's perks : free drinks (SCORE!), but it's also TERRIBLY quiet up here, so quiet you can almost touch the silence. It's just for one day so it's nice to have a change of pace and scenery.

Pet Peeve: A scrolling mouse that doesn't scroll. How do people live like this? I have come across several mice with a scroll button that either doesn't function or wasn't installed correctly or something. This is maddening to me. I find myself attempting to scroll repeatedly, as if it will suddenly begin working if I just try harder. Madness I tell you. Madness.

That's all for now. Latras.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 10:17 AM




7 Comments:

Blogger Lia said...

Actually, it sounds like two scores to me - free drinks AND quiet. I love when it's quiet. It only gets scary when suddenly, unexpectedly, there's someone behind you, and you're busy on the internet . . .

That non-scrolling mouse is a bad thing. Sometimes, I find my fingers trying to scroll on a mouse without a scrolling button. Here's a cure: start using a Mac - the mouse has only one button, no scroll button, nothing. And I just got a wireless mouse for my iBook that has a scrolling button. I think it may drive me insane.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Too quiet, yes that can be maddening.

But a non-scrolling mouse. That would drive me NUTS.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I HATE mouse problems. Grrr. I especially abhor mice with trackballs that don't work.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

yeah, I have a thumb trackball one. I had to give the little sensor a good cleaning yesterday b/c it was sticking. People that try to use my mouse either love it or loathe it. Mainly loathe, but that's all I've used at work for about 5 years now and I think it's saved me from serious carpal tunnel issues. It still scrolls though. None of this "fake scroller" stuff.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I'm the kind of girl who would instantly have the control panel open, looking at the settings on the mouse to make sure the scroll was enabled. 'Cause that would just drive me crazy.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Oh... I love the quiet..It is so lacking in my house that when I have it I RELISH it!!!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Calm down now, Calm down, I don't want you going all wall eyed and ballistic over a non scrolling mouse. lol!!

2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home