Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Brain....hurts....


I feel like I'm finally using my brain these days. No jabs, no teasing now. Seriously though, I think the majority of my time I just kinda coast through life. Sure, I enjoy reading, but I don't spend much time actually LEARNING. It seems that lately, I've been working my brain muscle more than normal (which isn't much). This morning I'm working on my memory verses for tonight's Bible study. I have to be able to say 8 of them, complete with topic and reference. Phew! This is hard work. Alot harder than when I was a kiddo.

Combine this with my efforts to learn sign language and I'm probably going to end up half speaking, half signing my verses. An interesting combo, I'm sure. It feels good though, to dust off the cobwebs and absorb knowledge, and hopefully, in the verses case, wisdom. I know we're never supposed to stop learning, and as I approach 30 (gasp) I'm not about to stop learning now.

I think I just need to lay down.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 7:52 AM




9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to learnsign language. I know the ABC's and that's about it. Maybe one day, I will take the classes.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

a nap will do you good, just crawl under your desk like I do, and then you can sign your verses in your dreams

8:49 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Kuddos for being a lifelong learner!

Katie is "George" from Seinfeld.

That would be a good way to learn your verses... by learning how to sign them.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

I like to sign "poop" and "I have to go to the bathroom" to RR during staff meetings. No one else knows what we are doing, and it makes us both laugh.

Ah, it's the little things in life...

10:26 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

deals maybe you can teach Ben to sign "poop", seems to be a common word in his household

11:50 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Why are you learning sign?

I understand the mental cobwebs! I'm taking classes with my 9 yr old daughter (I used to sign fluently, but use it or lose it). I just saw one of my friends who is hearing impaired. He was a customer at the bank I worked at and I was surprised how much I retained.

PS. Age is a state of mind.

~Signed, Thirty three and very young still...

11:55 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I am doing Soduko a lot lately, it is a great deductive reasoning puzzle - like a crossword with numbers. I really, really think it is making me smarter!

I was proud of you the other night with all the sign language that you knew in such a short time - go AM!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow you are busy! How is the sign lanuguage class going by the way?

9:51 PM  
Blogger RR said...

I am also trying to learn sign language! Of course, I'm taking a class, just looking at the online ASL dictionary. And Deals (as mentioned by her earlier) is teaching me a few words here and there.

We should practice together! I'll have no idea what you're saying! It'll be fun!

hzkmhae

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home