Monday, February 27, 2006

It Was All Mellow


Last night I went with Cat to the World's Largest Gathering of Gap Clothing Purchasers, otherwise known as a Coldplay concert. The concert was fantastic, they sang all of the radio hits, including my absolute favs, The Scientist and Yellow. I was beaming with delight as he sang those while playing the piano. And thanks to hubby's super strong binoculars, he was up close and personal even from the heights of the AAC.

It was a very unique concert experience, as it was so relaxed and mellow. Everyone just sitting back in their chairs and sincerely enjoying the musical experience. Sure they jammed occassionally. The drummer was fantastic, but what we really love about Coldplay is their melancholy sound.

With lyrics like these, it's no wonder women swoon over musicians (and no, there was no Gwyneth appearance). And no, this is not a song about jaundice.

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah they were all yellow

I came alone
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
It was called yellow

So then I took my turn
Oh what a thing to have done
And it was all yellow

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
And you know
You know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do
Cause you were all yellow

I drew a line, I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
It was all yellow

Your skin
Oh your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
And you know
For you I'd bleed myself dry
For you I'd bleed myself dry

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do


My only concert complaints - that Fiona Apple opened. Like fingernails on a chalkboard to my ears was the angst of her voice and wild thrashing on the stage. Also that the concert didn't begin until 9:30, resulting in me getting to bed at 1 am and "sleeping in" until 5:30 am. ugh. I'm TIRED.

But it was most enjoyable going to the concert with my sis. I will never forget it.


posted by Amstaff Mom | 9:22 AM




11 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

so fun, and sister time is a definite plus

p.s. the jaundice line made me crack up

10:08 AM  
Blogger steve said...

They are a fantastic band. I must now recommend a band for you. The band is called "Keane" and you will love them. Just go out and buy their album dont talk back to me... just do it and enjoy.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed it, it was definitely a good time. I didn't really notice the Gap wearers, it seemed more like an Urban O scene, but maybe we were just noticing different people??

p.s. don't listen to Steve...in terms of buying. I have a keane cd, you can burn it to your heart's content. (however i only have hopes and fears. maybe steve is recommending a different album?)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Miss Anon - I'm thinking more of the people that were on the DART rail I guess, not as much the concert goers.

YT - Yea! Glad we both got to go! Did you have somebody smoking a cigarette and a cigar near you too? Because it was nasty over in our section. Who smokes at the AAC during a concert?!!??!

Ms Thang - I thought the same thing. Too much of a coincidence!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

look at my little sis branching out, JCol you are very special to have the joy of her commenting, sad i didn't even know she went to that concert

6:43 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I got back from Waco and then went to ManiAAC practice that night and totally forgot it was the night of the concert. Then Monday I got up and I thought, hey, that was the night of the concert! I am so glad you and Cat had a great time. Coldplay is awesome!

6:44 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Yeah... dont listen to Steve in terms of BUYING the CD. God forbid we should actually allow musicians to get PAID for teh CD's they put together and put their LIVES into...

Lets just also break into their homes and steal their guitars also.

Burn away

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

hehe, yeah, Keane is hurting for cash. (thems NOT fighting words..especially in this tightly knit crowd, I'll be lynched)

AM, I love Coldplay (they are my ringtone)! They are fabulous. Im with you on the Fiona Apple front. Not my fav. Glad you had a blast.

11:42 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Wow, I came across a little harsher than expected!

Nothing but love

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that will be a memory to always cherish.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Jubal - I think you scared Cat away!

K-T - both my sis and your sis commented on my site. Fun! Now, where's Lava?

FIF - I agree!

JennyBee - I agree!

YT - Nas-T. What's up with that? Did they actually need to get more mellow than that?? stink.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home