Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Quality Time


I had my first 3- hour prayer time last night. I really hope it won't be my last. It was really a very special time to just stop, read my Bible and pray. I've never done anything like it before, and I'm sure I wouldn't have done it if it hadn't been a requirment. But I'm really glad I did.

I spent alot of time in the Psalms. Wow. Verses that I've read many times before really spoke to my heart. Verses that I have never read were like tasty morsels. I was amazed at how many songs I recognized from the verses I read. At least 10. I also spent some time reading Proverbs 31, and even the Song of Solomon (*blushes*).

I lifted up my family, co-workers, friends, and those of you in my blog family that had specific requests ( I included you last night "Faith" without even reading your comment.)

It was time WELL spent. I hope to do it again soon.

I meditated on one of my favorite verses, and I will share it with you. It had been too long since I thought about this verse.

Psalm 19:14
"May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in Your sight oh Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Wow. Convicting to say the least.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 7:27 AM




6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

great verse, it's in a song I know and the chorus is "I desire to be a blessing in Your eyes" - what a challenge, what a desire of our hearts

I know that the time you spent last night was a blessing to God and that you were in that moment (an always) a blessing to His eyes

9:24 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

Indeed a beautiful verse. It's always good to take out time for that kind of introspection.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Fantastic.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

that is awesome, I have been spending alot of time with the Father lately. My mother being so sick has taken alot out of me lately and the only peace I find is in the Word.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

my mom had that verse on a little gold placard on the dash of her car for the longest time. It is interesting how you can memorize something without even trying when you see it all the time.

That is how Tom said he has memorized most of the new testament, not by trying to memorize it, but just by seeing it so much.

Go AM - please keep praying for me. I am supposed to speak at the boys home this weekend and I am nervous. I used to would not have been nervous, but I am now.

Good to hear the 3 hour prayer time was a blessing.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for praying for me:)

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home