Monday, April 17, 2006

Can't Breathe....Need More Oxygen....


This humidity is killing me! Yesterday I wearing a sweatshirt as I ate my cereal outside, because it was 40 degrees. Today, I'm wiping the sweat off my brow. Yesterday I enjoyed mountainous views and air with zero humidity. Today I'm gasping for breath (well, almost).

Wednesday night, Brian, Cat and I headed west, young man. To Colorful Colorado. On the way, we went through the Land of Enchantment aka New Mexico. Enchanting, isn't it?














A couple of hours later, we hit REAL beauty - at the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs.




























Brian and I enjoy the scenic views.














Hey! Be careful up there!














Cat takes in the breathtaking views.














We narrowly avoided being crushed to death.














Somehow I developed Super-Human strength when we crossed the state line.















After going through Colorado Springs, we spent time with Brian's family near Denver. My sister-in-law made me curtains, drapes and pillows for my living room and kitchen which turned out so very well. I'm so excited! Brian helped our brother-in-law turn their 100+ year old piano into a bookshelf. The piano was too old to ever be tuned again, but the wood carvings were still very nice, so now it will be treasured in different forms. Cat enjoyed spending time with her friends in Denver. Although it was a long time to be spent in the car on a short trip, we enjoyed our time together. Hopefully we will be able to go back again soon!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 7:06 AM




9 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

welcome back

so fun to hear about your trip and to see pics (although I would be shocked, SHOCKED i say, if there weren't pics here)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I love the GOTG's! Good times!~

9:41 AM  
Blogger steve said...

nice pics!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks! And yes, K-T, I'm SOOO predictable.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Wow! It looks very, very different without the snow! It was SOOOOOO cold when I was there back in December. I think the high on the day of the wedding was 7 degrees or something ridiculous!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Beautiful pics!!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

So glad you had such a nice time. You and your sweetie are just TOO CUTE together. :-)

8:01 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Sydney and I were at the Garden of the gods when we were on our honeymoon.

cool. Brings back memories.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why oh why am I back in Texas??? I miss Colorado SOOOO much.

So you wanna go back again soon, eh? Got plans next weekend? :) heh-heh-heh.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home