Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'd Like To Thank the Academy (and my Canon Elph)


I'm stoked! I was featured in a travel blog today. How cool is that?!?!! So, in honor of the nomination, I will feature some of my favorite pics from my recent travels.

Taken inside the great hall at Ellis Island. I was able to find a postcard of the ship my grandmother took on her voyage from Wales to America.














This is one of the first sights she saw, in this Land of the Free I call home.















Central Park Beauty.















These were taken from the top of our cruise ship in Roatan, Honduras.































The natural beauty of Belize in December.















East Texas Pines.














Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado














Sites of Oklahoma , where you can kill two birds w/ one stone.














Local beauty - my current wallpaper, taken at Dallas Blooms.














Yes, I am one happy Amstaff Mom when I am traveling!





















I have plans to use my passport this summer, and some other trips are planned as well. I look forward to sharing my memories and photos with you.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 5:33 AM




12 Comments:

Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Yey!!!!!

I love your pictures!!

I studied abroad before the whole digital camera thing took off. We should get together sometime with our photo albums and talk about the places we've been, and where we'd still like to go. I love to travel and I've been working on Trevor for awhile now (he's never been abroad OR to NYC). He HAS been to Alaska, though, so he's got that on me. I can't wait to start catching him up...!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Yea! Deals! Thanks for the compliments! That's my only chagrin is that I didn't purchase my digital camera sooner. I'd do anything to have my UK pictures in digital format. Rats!

I do have one "scrapbook" that I put together of some travels. California, a previous cruise, and the UK. Sadly, Brian is nowhere to be found in the scrapbook (he can't fly).

Which makes it all the more special that we were able to go on the cruise by driving to Houston. Yea!

I would LOVE to see your photo albums sometime. And when we're retired, we hope to have plenty of time to drive up to the Pacific Northwest and take an Alaskan cruise from there!

8:47 AM  
Blogger amelia said...

Very cool! Congrats! I love the pics. Makes me want to travel again!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

congrats, you are a traveling queen and a great photog at the same time, i live vicariously through you my shutterbug friend

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent photographs! :) Thanks!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Beautiful! Your current wallpaper is a special fave!

1:10 PM  
Blogger LZ Blogger said...

Very nice photos you have here. It's NOT the camera, it's the photographer! ~ jb///

6:14 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

FANTASTIC pics. I like the first one, but I LIKE ALL OF THEM! I can't even pick a favorite because they are all awesome!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

GORGEOUS pix! I can't wait to see your next set of travel pix, although I have a feeling you will only succeed in making me envious. Even the NY pix made me drool, and I LIVE here!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Do you recognize them Lia?

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your travel pictures are beautiful! I love to travel too. Just did a cruise with my family last month. Perhaps a trip to Europe for my husband's 40th next year. Several work trips lined up in the meantime, and if I'm lucky I might get to actually see something on those trips!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

When were you in Belize? I spent three months there way back in 1988 on a Youth Evangelism Service (YES) team. Beautiful country.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home