Monday, April 03, 2006

Quiet.


I am in Dallas for a few days, staying with the parents while I'm attending a conference for work in downtown Dallas. I had already planned on staying here to avoid the long commute from home to here. The term "long commute" was confirmed this morning when I spent 1 hr. and 45 min. in the car. ugh.

It actually turned out to be blessing that I was already down here. My cousin called my parents this evening and said that my uncle was at the hospital. He's been fighting cancer and has now taken a turn for the worst. He will probably begin hospice soon, and so we went to see him at the hospital tonight. It was hard to see him so weak, but thankfully they have been able to relieve his intense pain. My cousin quit her job about a year ago to faithfully take care of her daddy, and so it's hard to see the pain she's in now after she heard the news. I'm so glad I was down here so I could go see him. I'm hoping to go see him tomorrow after the conference as well.

Please pray for my uncle Sammy and his family. I would really appreciate it.

Through it all, God is good.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 8:15 PM




10 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

prayer - check

6:32 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I lifted them up!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I didn't realize Sammy had Cancer. Didn't we have Christmas at his house? That is hard to hear, I will be praying for him and the rest of your family.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this. You and yours will be in my prayers.

10:18 AM  
Blogger David Edward said...

will join you in prayer

12:10 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thank you all so much for your prayers. Your comments really touched my heart.

I have such a great blog family!

Eddo - I have two uncle Sammy's (and a nephew named Sam, and my grandfather's name was Sam) but this is not the one you saw at Christmas. It's my dad's brother and the one you met was my mom's brother.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Well, good to know, but I will stil be praying for him.

12:33 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Giving prayers

12:39 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

prayers and **hugs**

12:44 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

Ok, I had commented, but now it's gone. I think. Or invisible to me. Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with you. And it was good seeing you the other day!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home