Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Verse of the Day


Thoughts as I flipped over my verse of the day calendar....

Do I really REALLY have to COMPLETELY forgive? Because I say I do, and then a reminder flashes back and hits me right between the eyes. Does that mean I've forgiven and just not forgotten? Or maybe I really haven't completely forgiven after all.

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Colossians 3:13

Struggling. Because I was COMPLETELY forgiven.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:59 AM




5 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

good verse and very much a struggle

10:13 AM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

me too :(

10:45 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I think people so often mistake forgiving with forgetting. There is NO where in the Bible where it says you are to forget a wrong, just to forgive it. And there's a reason for it: as the popular saying goes - Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. God gave us minds and expects us to use them. If someone "forgets" (which isn't even possible) then they also are doomed to be repeatedly victimized.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

you are so right. it is really hard to extend that same grace to others, isn't it? i definitely needed this today, am!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I have a harder time forgiving myself then forgiving others.

You never forget and although you may have forgiven them, it still shapes your future interactions with them.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home