Monday, May 01, 2006

Big Difference


This is the effect that eating at Gloria's restaurant has on me. The moment that the scent of the warm black bean dip permeates my nostrils, a euphoria like no other descends on me. My work group took me to lunch on Friday, and this is the result....


















This is quite opposite the effect of Brian eating black beans like my grandmother used to make. Especially when he would lock the windows in order to "seal in the pleasant odor". Rage, anger, and malice all combusting simultaneously was the effect it had on me.

Big difference. K-T and Cat know, just ask them.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:56 AM




11 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

i'm not sure if i should feel special that I am in the "know" on brian's special talent or not

but I have seen you all giddy at the entrance to a gloria's

8:12 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

Sealing in the odor of beans? I can't even think about it.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Yowza! That doesn't sound pleasant at all.

11:14 AM  
Blogger steve said...

little man... BIG smell

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look drunkenly happy.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I have that shirt!!! You look adorable in that picture!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

So, just out of curiosity, are you waving at the camera?!

:P

1:51 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

K-T - I'm so VERY sorry.

Lia - Yeah, it's THAT bad.

Eddo - It's not.

Jubal - Exactly.

Jes - It was the beans. I was drinking water. I promise.

Holly - Yeah! It's so comfy! I just got it - it was my first time to wear it.

Deals - Yes. To further explain, I took a picture of my workgroup, and since I wasn't in the picture, my friend wanted to take MY picture, but I wouldn't let her.
So, she got out her Treo and I knew I couldn't get out of it, so I just acted silly. I mean, who likes to have their picture taken, especially INDIVIDUALLY, when others are around.

Thus, the waving at the camera. Temporary insanity.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

I LOVE GLORIAS!!!!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. Jeff and Grandma's black beans are about the worst combination of all mankind.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

warm black bean dip

I LOVE black beans. You look like you had a wonderful time.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home