Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Saw The Sign.


Hello gang. Yes, I am back, and I must admit I have been. The day after I arrived back in the land of "my gosh it's so hot I can't breathe" I started school, the next day after that I started a new job, so it's been crazy busy. Really, it has. So, mucho apologizes for not posting, since you probably figured out by now that I wasn't in Scotland for 3 weeks, which would have been nice thing.

I was really wanting to write a long, descriptive post of Scotland, and since I didn't have the time at work, I put it off. Once I get home, I'm on dial-up so the goal of linking pictures on blogger was unobtainable, and no, I didn't think of writing the post at home and then linking pictures until just this moment. Sorry.

School is going wonderfully, a small class, a great prof (who lets us out early and not at 10:10 pm like she's supposed to), and a fellow soon-to-be interpreter in class to sign with. Yea! Not too much homework, and that all makes me a happy camper (student). I even met with the head of the interpreter program and I don't have to take ASL I. YEA! ASL II here I come!

The new job is wonderful. Challenging, but exciting. It's been difficult scheduling time to train the person in my old job and still work on my new one, but time will help that out. I really like it here.

Scotland was amazing. What can I say. Beautiful country, lovely people, great friendships initiated. God really blessed our trip and I am thankful. I will be posting pics of it the next few days, but for now, here are the signs that made the 4 mile a day walks to the train station fun.















This is my favorite. I love the steam, and the smiling dog.






































Sorry folks, Blogger quit on me again. The pictures aren't showing up. I had several more signs. Maybe later!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:05 AM




8 Comments:

Blogger Lia said...

I think my favorite of those is "Twenty's Plenty".

The Brits are very good at clever ads and signs. And yes, Scotland is Britain. So even though I've never been there, I feel able to comment, since I've spent plenty of time in England.

Glad you enjoyed the trip, and that everything's going well. I hope the weather gets better. Maybe round about January time, right?

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe the steam is so groady.

8:27 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

that's PRECIOUS!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ha ha love those signs

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love these signs. "Shopmobility" may be a favorite new slang term for me.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the signs.

I am glad you made it back safe!!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I love the signs! Can't wait to see what else you have!

6:10 AM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home