Wednesday, July 05, 2006

July 4th and 5th


I love Scotland!

We had an all day tour of Scotland yesterday. We took trains to our destination, walked a ton, took a million photos and loved every minute of it. We had a great tour guide, the train departures and arrivals worked out great, and we even got to make a really good connection with some ladies on our return train. After sharing many laughs, we started talking deeper about faith and things, and then I asked them if there was something that we could pray for them for specifically. They both said that they had NEVER had anybody ask that and one almost started crying. It was really amazing. We gave them our email addresses, so please pray that they will connect with us again, maybe even in Scotland. Their names are Beverly and Maria. They were my age.

I took a TON of photos yesterday, so much so that I used up my camera battery in one day. Sniff. Breathtaking views. Literally. I gasped when I saw the view over the edge of a cliff (no guardrail.) I can't wait to see my pics!!

Today we spend 12 hours painting the laundry room. Minus lunch and dinner of course. But seriously, it took ALL day. But it's finished now, and on to the next paint project tomorrow. We're heading to Glasgow by train in the morning and then back to the house to paint the fire escape stairs in the afternoon.

It's so beautiful here, and different. I'm still not looking the correct way when crossing the street. Oh well, so far so good.

The people are just amazing. Please keep praying for us, and thank you for your comments. Sorry I don't have time to visit your sites, just a quick post but I'll be back soon!

AM

posted by Amstaff Mom | 3:33 PM




15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so amazing. I am glad to know you're having fun, working hard, ministering and enjoying the sites. Rock on!!!!!!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

But you did visit MY SITE!!! Yey!!! I feel so special!!!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

will keep praying, have tons of fun, and take more pictures (ahahahaha as if I need to tell you that)

12:02 PM  
Blogger steve said...

JEALOUS!!!

Have a great time!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Very cool. So glad all is going well.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

That whole battery-running-out-in-a-day? Yeah, that's why my next camera absolutely must run on AAs.

So, were they all wearing black on the Fourth?

6:46 AM  
Blogger The Runt said...

Bring me back a Nessie!

1:05 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

I'm so glad it's going well! We miss you!

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah Jcol!

I'm glad you guys are doing well and enjoying Scotland!

I can't wait to see your pics when you get back!

Tell Ashlea and Dave I say "hello!"

B.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I had a very similar missionary experience once, but not in Scotland! I love reading about this. Thank you.

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom just came back from Scotland and brought me the most beautiful picture of a castle. I cannot wait to go visit!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

I thought of you today when I passed a mission group on the street.

Hope everything's going well.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Wonderful.

11:34 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

I'm glad you're having a good time, but WE MISS YOU!!!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

I had a blast too last night! Thanks for letting me stay over, I slept so good. However, I did procrastinate today and cleaned up the house instead of taking defensive driving.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home