Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back to School


Well, after a brief hiatus, I'm going back to school tonight. Did I mention that I got an "A" in my Business class? SCORE! I was VERY excited about that.

So tonight begins my adventures in ASL in college. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm a bit nervous too. I'm never studied ASL in a CLASS. Just with my friends. So, this is a bit different and alot of the students already know each other since they had the prev. class together.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it all, but I just wish my knowledge of the language was at the same level as the knowledge of signs. It's like knowing English, but not knowing grammar. They tend to go hand in hand. Although you can include adjectives in a sentence without knowing exactly what an adjective is. So, I will probably have to take a test this week to see if I really qualify for the ASL II class or if I need to take ASL I first. We shall see.

I'm heading to Cal-i-for-ni-a tomorrow morning. Yea! Just a short trip though, I'll be back Thurs. in time for school.

So, that's my latest and greatest. I'll chat with ya tomorrow from the West Coast!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 11:00 AM




12 Comments:

Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

Okay, go with me on this...

1) I'm signing "plane" (one of my favorites, by the way).

2) I'm signing the "plane" taking off.

3) I'm signing the "plane" flying.

4) I'm signing the "plane" landing safely.

TRAVEL SAFE!!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Deals, I know how much you enjoy "crashing your plane" so I appreciate that you gave me a safe landing. I really do!

My classes are WONDERFUL. Very nice instructors. Both deaf = no voicing at all. I'm ready to learn. Bring.It.On.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

Good luck in the new class; I'm sure you'll do great!

Have fun in CA, and take lots of pix. :) You stalker you.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I am waving... that means goodbye in sign language.

:)

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got an A in your class? woo woo. That's totally awesome. I'm starting to get scared about this half thing. I feel out of shape.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

jcol you're title is making me sing the song "back to school" from grease 2, which distrubs me a bit that not only have i watched grease 2 but I remember the song

7:37 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Best of luck with classes, now that everything's starting up again!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So. I guess you are busy? With class? And work? And life? Game night needed.

OH! And a twist! You aren't allowed to talk aloud the entire night - you can only sign. AND THEN WE GET TO GUESS WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.

Sounds fun, right? ;)

9:01 AM  
Blogger The Runt said...

you're gonna WIN!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

1) I'm signing "YOU"

2) I'm signing "WHERE"

And the answer is...?!?!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Congrats on the "A" Jcol!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Hey, I saw that the Starbucks by my house is open too. I can't believe how quickly they got that thing open! I haven't stopped by their yet, but I can't wait till it gets colder so I can go and get big cups of hot coffee. Something I rarely get in the summer.

P.S. WE NEED A NEW POST! :)

Latras!~

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home