Monday, August 14, 2006

Where's the Beach?


Well, I finally made it to Tampa. It rained the whole time we were flying over Florida which can be a rollercoaster ride. Upon arriving at the gate (well, almost), we were told that the lightning was so bad that the ground crew couldn't guide us in. 30 mins. later, we were able to get off the plane only to hear the sirens going off again. WE were off the plane, but our luggage was not coming off anytime soon. Sigh. After picking up a banana and a water @ Starbucks (you'd be proud of me Tracey), I began the wait. Then I waited to get my rental car. When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by a warm chocolate chip cookie. No, I don't like chocolate, but at this point, I was thankful for the love.

So, here I am, in wet, rainy Tampa. I sure hope I get to see the beach tomorrow.

Security was a breeze at the airport. A light pat-down, but no waiting at all. Not for me at least, but one guy and his agent(?) was forced to go through the thorough baggage check to the side. Evidently it was a very thorough check b/c he was just sitting there waiting. His name?
Emmitt Smith. No privileges at D/FW airport for the uber-famous I guess.

Good night folks.

posted by Amstaff Mom | 8:27 PM




8 Comments:

Blogger Tim Rice said...

Hope you get to enjoy the beach. I often find the beach to be such a restful, restorative place to be especially in the magical hours of early morning or evening.

You don't like chocolate! Chocolate just about makes anything and everything better. ;)

6:28 AM  
Blogger Lia said...

Sorry it's rainy, but enjoy the vacation aspect. It should clear up, eventually, right?

Poor AM, forced to eat warm chocolate chip cookies. You can send them my way anytime.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

oh well hopefully you'll get to see the beach without all the rain, have fun on your trip

9:52 AM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

My dad and brother were scheduled to fly out of Heathrow last Thursday. So, yeah...that didn't happen. They did make it back on Saturday, though, just in time to sit on the DFW runway for almost 3 hours (note: there was a bomb threat at DFW on Saturday evening). They did make it back safe and sound - but my brother is still missing his bag. I think domestic travel is easier than going international...

12:12 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Tim Rice - please don't hold it against me. I can't help it.

Lia - I would have shared with you!

K-T - I did! But not the sunset. The rain clouds covered it. No "Lia profile pic" for me.

Deals - Wow. Yeah, it could have been alot worse. Glad I was in London last month and not this month.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

hello. I am still here and I wanted to say hi this morning before I ran off to training class. You know I am SUMO jealous of the fact that you are going to the beach while I am sitting in a 16 hour-two-day-training session!!! Ugh.

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about you and praying for you with your travels.

9:07 PM  
Blogger The Runt said...

FIrst of all, you should have booked through travelocity because they are gnome friendly....second- go look at my blog because there are funny pics of deals on her bday!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home