Friday, September 15, 2006

Me me me me meeeeee


Complete the Thought:

Never again in my life: Will I be the same age I am today

When I was five: I had a "chili bowl" haircut

High School was: an experience, to say the least. Wearing the same clothes everyday will do that to ya.

I will never forget: the way my grandfather looked when we died.

I once met: a man that later became my husband

There’s this girl I know who: has ridiculously shiny hair

By noon I’m usually: Starvin' Marvin'

Last night I: skipped out on lab time at school so I could watch Survivor

Next time I go to church: it will be Sunday

What worries me most: that people don't like me

When I turn my head right, I see: darkness. the lights are off in my office

When I turn my head left, I see: the malibu lights shining through the blinds

You know I’m lying when: I can't keep a straight face

If I was a character written by Shakespeare, I’d be: Don't ask me about Shakespeare. I fell asleep in MacBeth. But I've been to his grave and his home. Does that count?

By this time, next year: I'll know more sign language, will have finished a half-marathon and be 20 pounds lighter. (i.e. found a genie and had my 3 wishes granted)

A better name for me would be: Amstaff Mom. That's why I picked it.

I have a hard time understanding: Math.

If I ever go back to school I’ll: Well, actually I was planning on going back on Tuesday. Is not going an option?

You know I like you if: I call you. It takes great effort for me to talk on the phone.

Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferarro are: An interesting group of people to put in the same room.

Take my advice, NEVER: eat a mushroom. Eating a fungus can't possible be good for you.

My ideal breakfast is: aChick-fil-a chicken biscuit.

A song I love, but do not have is: Life is a Highway. I need to just buy the dang thing.

If you visit my hometown, I suggest: You don't do it in August.

Why won’t anyone: give me 2 million dollars? It' s not too much to ask, right?

If you spend the night at my house, DO: be prepared to have a 55 pound Amstaff curl up next to you.

I’d stop my wedding for: "well, it's a bit late for that!" Wedding was 7 years ago, peeps.

The world could do without: Terrorists

I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: Its butt.

My favorite blonde is: Matthew McConaghey, well, he's almost blonde.

Paperclips are more useful than: chewed gum

San Diego means: you have a lot of money.

And by the way: I appreciate that you read my blog!

posted by Amstaff Mom | 6:24 PM




11 Comments:

Blogger Tim Rice said...

Fun reading!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Tim - Thanks!

TRACEY!!! You don't have Chick-fil-a in CA??!?!!? WHAT!??!

Best "fast food" in the world.

And what you said about San Diego makes sense. I stand corrected.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Deals On Wheels said...

"I will never forget: the way my grandfather looked when we died."

Wait?...you died? When? Who constitutes the "we" you died with? Your poor grandpa! Was he really watching? :P

(ON A SERIOUS NOTE: My father made me "view" my grandfather after he died. It really disturbed me. I was fourteen. Sometimes I still dream about it. The body is just the shell of the person, but I never really thought about it that way until I saw him lying in the casket. It gives me chills just thinking about it. Literally - I just shook all over.)

7:32 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Whoopsie. That's quite the typo, isn't it Deals? Yeah, that's supposed to say when he died.

I was holding his hand when he died. I was alone with him but it wasn't scary at all. It was so peaceful and serene. It wasn't an actual smile, but it was better than that. He was going home.

My faith grew that day.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is this genie of yours?? I must find one, please share. Tell Abby I miss her cuddling..we must do it again sometime soon. :) and how was your party? i had to work...bluuugh.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked this meme although I don't do them much myself. LIFE IS A HIGHWAY!!!!

~Jef

6:24 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Miss - I will not give Abs false hopes. You simply just must come.

Jef - GREAT songs.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

"There’s this girl I know who: has ridiculously shiny hair"


Awwwww *smiles*

And I laughed at the cockroach butt comment

10:09 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Never again in my life: Will I be the same age I am today

This reminds me of the conversation I had with a friend who was moaning about his gray hair today. I said "face it, at this very moment, we are the youngest we will ever be." He wasn't thrilled. Of course, neither am I.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And we appreciate that you WRITE this blog.

Also: Can I have free access to your genie?

3:35 PM  
Blogger Lia said...

I've been to your town in August. I shouldn't have. Try in January next time.

And paper clips are definitely more useful than chewed gum.

This was a fun read. Thanks.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home